Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shanghai and Berlin have nicer interiors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do TMY have nicer interior trims in all markets but the USA. I notice the wood trim on the doors everywhere but here in America. I can see the flat spot on the door panel where it wood go, looks like they use the same panel just no trim. Can you add this to the Model Y with after market or with parts from Shanghai or Berlin?

Reactions: TomServo
Why do TMY have nicer interior trims in all markets but the USA. I notice the wood trim on the doors everywhere but here in America. I can see the flat spot on the door panel where it wood go, looks like they use the same panel just no trim. Can you add this to the Model Y with after market or with parts from Shanghai or Berlin?
I totally agree here. I have a M3 LR 2022 and it looks great. I’ve put CF instead of wood and looks way better.

Im surprised the MY NAmerica has the basic plastic trim with no metal trim/wood as the M3 has. I guess when orders are backlogged a year, what’s the Imputus for adding cost?

I’d pay to replace them with the China Berlin version!

Upvote 0
That unpainted jamb is definitely a defect.
In regards to the wood trim, we know for a fact Fremont model 3 have it. So it’s just a matter of time until MY follow. My guess is it all depends on when they run out the current door panels in inventory. Hopefully soon!
It's the same on most MYP and MYLR no paint front jamb look at this post on reddit
Looks like the link is not visible labelled as media

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had one more question. The TMYP from Fremont, they do not paint the front door jams, so when you open the door you see galvanized metal. Is that also done in Shanghai and Berlin. Do they really save that much paint. I never had a vehicle that had exposed metal when you opened the door, never had a Tesla before.
Yes I see the trim on the doors of the M3 is that the same as the Shanghai MY? Do you think it would fit the MY? I don't know if its real wood or stimulated, but I like the look.
Odd. My 2022 Model Y Performance has no visible unpainted areas.

Upvote 0