Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
The Shanghai-built Tesla Model 3 has been updated with features including a heated steering wheel. Tesla’s configurator for orders in China now lists the heated wheel feature as part of a premium interior option for the Model 3 Performance. It’s a feature that many Tesla owners have been asking for and it’s expected the automaker...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2021/01/04/shanghai-built-model-3-shipping-with-updated-interior/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

SOULPEDL

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
I still love the original version with chrome trim, shiny center console, and orange top glass.
Perhaps a collector someday.

Jay Leno will need a new eGarage with Solar charging.
Jay, you listening? It's about the "Today Show"...

bpobill

Feb 2, 2018
USA
Hopefully the steering wheel can be bought and added to the model 3's here. I would buy one if it's not too pricey.

Peteski

Oct 2, 2017
UK, Milton Keynes
I think the new door accent panel looks quite good on the black interior (anything to break up the blackness a little!), but I don't see much point on the black & white interior where the door panel below is already in contrasting white.

But I'm surprised they even bothered with this change to be honest. A lot of people complained about the old centre console design, but not so much the door trims. It seems an odd thing to mess about with for no obvious reason while the other "refresh" changes seemed to be the result of customer feedback. I would have welcomed the heated steering wheel for sure!

Reactions: Payjack

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC