TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Shanghai, Pudong

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, May 9, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I was just advised by a friend that a Tesla Motors store is under way in Shanghai, Pudong:

Tesla Shanghai Pudong 1.jpg

Tesla Shanghai Pudong 2.jpg

Not strictly Hong Kong relevant, though it's close enough I think.

2. Lump

Lump Active Member

Looks like it should be ready to open soon but whats the deal with the power lines going into the middle of the building instead of some point higher on the roof.

3. nakedsushi

nakedsushi Member

My motherland! This makes me happy. I'll be sure to visit next time I'm in Shanghai.

4. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

That's how they do it in China, at least in Shanghai. Maybe not any more, but I have seen plenty of it thinking ... what a huge difference from other countries electric cabling codes, compared to hanging mains wires ... in a tree?

Anything is used for electric wires: Trees, building facades, signs, lamp posts ... anything the wires can attach to. And often it's like a birds nest of tangled wires.

Having the cable come in like that should be quite normal in Shanghai :scared:

5. Lump

Lump Active Member

As long as car carriers can operate safely the area, the appearance of the wires isn't a concern, I am sure they know what they are doing.

6. CCT

CCT Member