Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share destination to car from Google Maps when you have two Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I use the feature on my smartphone all the time where I share a location from Google Maps directly to my car so the navigation is already set when I get to the car. It's super useful and I recommend it if you've never used it before.

I'm getting my second Tesla in a few weeks and I'm curious how sending navigation to the car works when you have more than one car. When you share does it let you select which car it goes to? Do you have to swipe to the correct car in the Tesla app before you send the directions?

Can someone with two Teslas on your account try this out?

Thanks!

It shares to the car that is currently having focus in your app.
So you have to make sure the right one is there first.
As Exhi Delta said, whichever is currently displayed. It's a pain if you have a power wall too as you can't share to the car if that's the last thing you viewed in the app either. If you have two cars, it's worth getting into the habit of selecting the right one. My girlfriend took her son back to University and was 150 miles away when I accidentally sent her navigation an instruction routing her to our local pie-shop! Ha ha!