Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share experience selling used car on Motorway and Webuyanycar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it very much depends on location. I used WBAC and got a not totally unreasonable offer from them but when I turned up the guy started making all sorts of unreasonable deductions and then had the audacity to blame the computer and so it was a complete waste of time. Unless you are in a mad rush to offload the car I would stick to Autotrader. Two weeks later I sold the car via Autotrader to a dealer (who had a sharp eye) for 20% more than the final WBAC offer.
Very much so, the lady at my WBCA was just so nice and polite and really gave me a good experience

Good thread, and quite timely for me.

Accepted a trade in offer from Tesla of 11k for my C Class. This covers my deposit and charger install at home. So I’m good to go.

But was considering looking at Motorway & carwow to see if I could get any more, and then just call Tesla pay my deposit via bank transfer and pocket the rest.

Initial estimate on Motorway is 12.7k but if it’s a massive faff (as it sounds) I’ll probably just stick with Tesla.
It is your call, but £1700+ for a couple of hours total effort (30 mins photos, 45 mins call and documentation, 45 mins handover), I would look to take the money - I certainty value my time as less than £850 per hour 😉.

I had a positive experience with Motorway when selling my 2022 Mercedes E53 AMG Estate. It ended up selling for £4k more than the “reserve” and they collected it with 2 days. Turned out to be a dealership networks principal buying it for his work car and turned up with his whole family to collect it lol

Nice chat with them and 20 minutes later I had the money and the car was gone.

It is your call, but £1700+ for a couple of hours total effort (30 mins photos, 45 mins call and documentation, 45 mins handover), I would look to take the money - I certainty value my time as less than £850 per hour 😉.

Yep good point and don't get me wrong - I'd like to get as much for the car as possible but couple of things to consider...firstly, I don't want to be without a car for too long, as we'd be relying on friends/family for the wife's work commute and weekly shopping etc. but on the flip side don't want to sell too late to put my Tesla collection in jeopardy (I'd have to flip my account from trade-in to cash deposit which could make Tesla a bit twitchy perhaps?). So timing is going to be crucial...

Reactions: subaruspirit
Just as a little update: car is going on Motorway auction tomorrow. Will see what happens. Reserve price is still £900 more than Tesla trade-in. If I get a decent offer and decide to go ahead (the lady I spoke to said I’m not obligated to go ahead, even if the reserve is met), I’ll need to call Tesla and flip to cash deposit instead of trade-in.

Waved my old car off earlier today. I used Carwow and was put in touch with a BMW dealer. I was offered £27k for my X2 back in May, now I've had to accept £24.5k which only just covers the Tesla deposit after clearing the PCP.... At least the Tesla arrives tomorrow where I won't be bothered anymore!

Reactions: rowedav
I need to sell my Model 3 soon after I pick up the Model Y in a few days & I have only sold privately in the past.

Do I have to wait to replace the private number plate when trying Carlow, Motorway or WBAC? All ask for the registration number but that will not be the one being sold.

I need to sell my Model 3 soon after I pick up the Model Y in a few days & I have only sold privately in the past.

Do I have to wait to replace the private number plate when trying Carlow, Motorway or WBAC? All ask for the registration number but that will not be the one being sold.
They advise you to start the transfer off asap. Purchasing dealer wants a matching V5.

Reactions: Drew57
I got this email from WBAC just now. Whether it’s like a lot of other Black Friday deals or not I don’t know - I’ll let you find out for yourself….

Attachments

• 116C673D-B1E7-4DE3-ADD7-4684811F7D96.jpeg
    116C673D-B1E7-4DE3-ADD7-4684811F7D96.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 61
Not strictly a WBAC or Motorway review, but I sold my 2016 BMW 3 Series Estate yesterday to a company called Goodbyecar in Aberdeen. They offered me the most out of all the big names, £2000 more than WBAC and £800 more than Motorway. I turned up at the local branch and the guy inspected the car, after about 10mins he came back and indicated that he would have to knock £200 off for a service which I happily accepted, considering BMW wanted to charge me £450 it was a no brainer. The process was simple and efficient.

WBAC - £14k
Motorway - £15.5k
CarWow - £14.7k

It finally sold for £16.1k. I would recommend them to anyone looking to sell their car in Scotland.

My car went to auction via Motorway today. As a bit of background, I'd previously agreed a trade-in with Tesla (mainly for the pure convenience) at £11,067. Initial Motorway estimate was £12,444 iirc, and after photos and review of service history etc. they offered a reserve of £11,944. Got an email just after 3pm to say the winning bid was £12,888. Obviously extremely happy with that. Confirmed just now and uploaded V5 and driving license. So far, it's been a pretty good experience. Contacted Tesla for them to remove the trade-in from my account as I'll now be paying deposit via wire transfer.

What I'm slightly worried about is Motorway have my vehicle listed when I first created an account with them about 6-8weeks ago - and crucially had a private reg on. I've since took this off and put onto retention about 4-5 weeks ago (have the new V5 doc) and the pics of the car I uploaded at the weekend were with the normal reg on. However, emails I have received about the winning auction reference the private reg, not the actual reg. I have called them and they've said it should be ok and will contact the winning dealer to check, but wasn't the most reassuring...