Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share your experience with buying used from Tesla directly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entire process was painful and noone really seemed to care about selling me a vehicle. After I laid down a deposit it got a bit better but overall I was somewhere between annoyed and totally furious through the different steps.

I also bought from a dealer who was great to deal with but the car ended up having less than a years worth of bumper to bumper warranty left so I would definitely stick with Tesla direct.

This was back in November 18

I took delivery of a 2016.5 Tesla Model S 90D on Saturday.

I utilized EV-CPO to receive email alerts on vehicles that met my criteria. I was at lunch one day and received an update on a newly listed vehicle. I requested photos and purchased the vehicle within 30 minutes of receiving the alert.

I had previously talked with a Tesla Used Vehicle Sales Advisor. After paying the $2,500 deposit to secure the vehicle, I reached back out to the Tesla Used Sales Advisor. He made a call and immediately connected me with the Tesla Inside Delivery Advisor. The car was being shipped across the country (1,900+ miles). It was available for delivery in my home city within 9 days (I was impressed). I chose to wait to the weekend to pick up the vehicle (13 days after deposit).

On delivery day, the car matched the pictures that were provided. The car was in immaculate condition and looked brand new. I was in and out of the service center within 30 minutes. The car for some reason did not include floor mats I ordered a laser cut set off of Amazon.

My experience was very positive and I am glad to have the 4 year 50,000 warranty. I was really torn between purchasing and S or a 3. I am happy with my choice. I received a very good deal on the car based on comparable sales.

I would highly recommend doing significant research before making a decision.

IMG_0648.jpeg