TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Shareholders meeting 2017 group lunch

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by lorih, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lorih

lorih Member

Thinking of organizing the annual group lunch after shareholders meeting June 6th 2017. Anyone interested? We usually meetup for price fixed menu and hangout for 2-4 hours (or until people get tired...we never seems to run out of conversation).

I with contact restaurant and arrange details if we have 10 or more people.

2. Haxster

Haxster Member

@lorih, Suggest that you mention what city you're in.

At the actual shareholders meeting in Mountain View, that would be a very late lunch.;)

3. lorih

lorih Member

Funny!....yes, shareholders meeting has been in the same building (computer history museum in mountain view since the first one in 2012).

As for the lunch, I have been organizing for last 3 years. We leave the cars where they are and walk across the street to the restaurant. I didn't post details yet, since I am choosing between two places. Our normal spot is nice, but I might want to 'shake things up'.

I guess we haven't met yet, so...Hi, I am Lori, I used to organize the Silicon Valley Group 2013, and used to we have in person gatherings every 2-3 months. Hopefully you can join us for lunch and meet the "locals". (I did put an announcement in local group, but that is a closed group--- locals only--and we always have 2-3 folks from out of SV join us, so I am posting here on investor thread, in case others flying in want to join us).

We are at 4 folks in less than 24 hrs, so I will giving firmer details soon.

• Informative x 1
  4. lorih

lorih Member

BTW...haven't gotten official notice on shareholders meeting yet, other than the date. I am ASSUMING Elon will host in the same place, but if not, I will be sure to have lunch walking distance, parking in Mt View is hard, so we don't want to move cars....

5. cschadewald

cschadewald New Member

Hi Lori, I'll be in from out of town with not much else planned. Are you still planning a lunch (or Dinner). If so, count me in. As one other person mentioned, the meeting may go until 5:30 so maybe you will be planning a Dinner instead?

6. Nosken

Nosken Member

I'll be attending the meeting and would be interested in joining for the lunch/dinner.

7. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

An indefinite number of us, somewhere around 2, will be up there (and hungry) again this year. Ms. Oyster will definitely be there, along with a friend-turned-investor, or me, or perhaps all. We should know the exact number well before the event. This should be the last year we have no Tesla to drive up in.

8. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I'll be attending the meeting and would be interested in meeting people.

The meeting is supposed to be Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 at 2:30PM PDT and can run as long as four hours, so I do have some timing questions about the concept of a "lunch after the shareholders meeting"...

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Lori - would love to attend if it's before the meeting - but I'm going to be taking off after the meeting, so will have to decline if it's later. And we also have to factor in the normal wait to get in ... maybe an early lunch? People then could get in line & hang out and talk to folks. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

10. lorih

lorih Member

In previous years people have voted against lunch before meeting, as some people like to get in line for meeting very early to assure seating in main room. I think we will keep as it is, "late lunch/early dinner" after meeting, around 3:45-4:00.

But we would love to see you Bonnie, so Brian and I can meet you at the Starbucks before the meeting if you like.

• Like x 1
  11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'll at least stop over and have a glass of ice tea before taking off :). I'd like to say hello to everyone. (And happy to meet before @ Starbucks, too - though I think I'm seeing you a few days before, also.)

12. lorih

lorih Member

Updates:

It is usually more like a late lunch or early dinner. Normally around 3:45 or 4:00. Not sure if meeting will be longer this year, since it is Tesla Energy instead of Tesla Motors, but we will still just walk across parking lot to restaurant whenever meeting is over.

Location: Cucina Venti Mountain View CA (same place as before)
    New menu: We have meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan choices. I will identify which are Gluten-free on next update, waiting for response from restaurant.

2-courses, price fixed menu is $45. Includes choice of salad and entree, tax and tip. Drinks are extra.

Payment to me via PayPal (send me private message "conversation" to get contact info).

SALAD

Venti GardenOrganic mix greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes and homemade croutons with champagne vinaigrette dressing.

Classic Caesar - Crisp romaine lettuce, parmesan and toasted croutons with our homemade Caesar dressing.

CHEF’S SPECIALS

Grilled SalmonServed with sautéed spinach, wild rice and vegetables.

Braised Short Rib In a light wine sauce. Served with polenta and seasonal fresh cut vegetables.

Chicken MarsalaChicken breast sautéed in Marsala wine over mashed potatoes with grilled vegetables.

Pesto Tortellini-(Vegetarian)- Sun dried tomatoes and fresh spinach, in a light Pesto cream sauce topped with smoked Gouda cheese, baked in oven.

Fettuccini CarbonaraPancetta (Italian bacon), mushrooms, green peas, and tomatoes in creamy Alfredo sauce.

Voya’s Vegan Paella (Vegan) – Served with broccolini, asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, chili poblanos, red onions, cilantro and saffron in a vegetable based broth.

13. lorih

lorih Member

Current list of attendees below. This is pretty good mix of 'regulars' and 'newbies'), and good response (13 folks), considering I hadn't posted any details yet.

lorih
    Brianman
    Klaus Fechner +1
    Steve Casner +1
    EldestOyster +1
    ORB
    cschadewald
    Nosken
    neroden
    Bonnie (stopping by, no lunch)

14. lorih

lorih Member

Excited to see everyone. Brian and I start driving to CA tomorrow. Yay!!

If you want to join us after the shareholders meeting please RSVP by June 3rd. Payment is due in advance of lunch via paypal. Please PM (start private conversation) for more info.

• Like x 1
  15. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'm down.

16. lorih

lorih Member

We still have 13 folks (EldestOyster can't make it, but his sig, Karen will be there), and our faithful leader Doug.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

17. lorih

lorih Member

You still have a few more days to respond. I've received payments from about 1/2 of the folks. If you don't have my email yet, please contact me via private conversation at this site.

18. lorih

lorih Member

+1 more, up to 14