Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shareholders meeting 2017 group lunch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lorih

May 12, 2013
Thinking of organizing the annual group lunch after shareholders meeting June 6th 2017. Anyone interested? We usually meetup for price fixed menu and hangout for 2-4 hours (or until people get tired...we never seems to run out of conversation).

I with contact restaurant and arrange details if we have 10 or more people.

Funny!....yes, shareholders meeting has been in the same building (computer history museum in mountain view since the first one in 2012).

As for the lunch, I have been organizing for last 3 years. We leave the cars where they are and walk across the street to the restaurant. I didn't post details yet, since I am choosing between two places. Our normal spot is nice, but I might want to 'shake things up'.

I guess we haven't met yet, so...Hi, I am Lori, I used to organize the Silicon Valley Group 2013, and used to we have in person gatherings every 2-3 months. Hopefully you can join us for lunch and meet the "locals". (I did put an announcement in local group, but that is a closed group--- locals only--and we always have 2-3 folks from out of SV join us, so I am posting here on investor thread, in case others flying in want to join us).

We are at 4 folks in less than 24 hrs, so I will giving firmer details soon.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
BTW...haven't gotten official notice on shareholders meeting yet, other than the date. I am ASSUMING Elon will host in the same place, but if not, I will be sure to have lunch walking distance, parking in Mt View is hard, so we don't want to move cars....

Thinking of organizing the annual group lunch after shareholders meeting June 6th 2017. Anyone interested? We usually meetup for price fixed menu and hangout for 2-4 hours (or until people get tired...we never seems to run out of conversation).

I with contact restaurant and arrange details if we have 10 or more people.
Hi Lori, I'll be in from out of town with not much else planned. Are you still planning a lunch (or Dinner). If so, count me in. As one other person mentioned, the meeting may go until 5:30 so maybe you will be planning a Dinner instead?

An indefinite number of us, somewhere around 2, will be up there (and hungry) again this year. Ms. Oyster will definitely be there, along with a friend-turned-investor, or me, or perhaps all. We should know the exact number well before the event. This should be the last year we have no Tesla to drive up in.

I'll be attending the meeting and would be interested in meeting people.

The meeting is supposed to be Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 at 2:30PM PDT and can run as long as four hours, so I do have some timing questions about the concept of a "lunch after the shareholders meeting"...

Lori - would love to attend if it's before the meeting - but I'm going to be taking off after the meeting, so will have to decline if it's later. And we also have to factor in the normal wait to get in ... maybe an early lunch? People then could get in line & hang out and talk to folks. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

In previous years people have voted against lunch before meeting, as some people like to get in line for meeting very early to assure seating in main room. I think we will keep as it is, "late lunch/early dinner" after meeting, around 3:45-4:00.

But we would love to see you Bonnie, so Brian and I can meet you at the Starbucks before the meeting if you like.

Reactions: bonnie
In previous years people have voted against lunch before meeting, as some people like to get in line for meeting very early to assure seating in main room. I think we will keep as it is, "late lunch/early dinner" after meeting, around 3:45-4:00.

But we would love to see you Bonnie, so Brian and I can meet you at the Starbucks before the meeting if you like.
I'll at least stop over and have a glass of ice tea before taking off :). I'd like to say hello to everyone. (And happy to meet before @ Starbucks, too - though I think I'm seeing you a few days before, also.)

Updates:

It is usually more like a late lunch or early dinner. Normally around 3:45 or 4:00. Not sure if meeting will be longer this year, since it is Tesla Energy instead of Tesla Motors, but we will still just walk across parking lot to restaurant whenever meeting is over.

Location: Cucina Venti Mountain View CA (same place as before)
New menu: We have meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan choices. I will identify which are Gluten-free on next update, waiting for response from restaurant.

2-courses, price fixed menu is $45. Includes choice of salad and entree, tax and tip. Drinks are extra.

Payment to me via PayPal (send me private message "conversation" to get contact info).

SALAD

Venti GardenOrganic mix greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes and homemade croutons with champagne vinaigrette dressing.

Classic Caesar - Crisp romaine lettuce, parmesan and toasted croutons with our homemade Caesar dressing.

CHEF’S SPECIALS

Grilled SalmonServed with sautéed spinach, wild rice and vegetables.

Braised Short Rib In a light wine sauce. Served with polenta and seasonal fresh cut vegetables.

Chicken MarsalaChicken breast sautéed in Marsala wine over mashed potatoes with grilled vegetables.

Pesto Tortellini-(Vegetarian)- Sun dried tomatoes and fresh spinach, in a light Pesto cream sauce topped with smoked Gouda cheese, baked in oven.

Fettuccini CarbonaraPancetta (Italian bacon), mushrooms, green peas, and tomatoes in creamy Alfredo sauce.

Voya’s Vegan Paella (Vegan) – Served with broccolini, asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, chili poblanos, red onions, cilantro and saffron in a vegetable based broth.

Current list of attendees below. This is pretty good mix of 'regulars' and 'newbies'), and good response (13 folks), considering I hadn't posted any details yet.

lorih
Brianman
Klaus Fechner +1
Steve Casner +1
EldestOyster +1
ORB
cschadewald
Nosken
neroden
Bonnie (stopping by, no lunch)

Excited to see everyone. Brian and I start driving to CA tomorrow. Yay!!

If you want to join us after the shareholders meeting please RSVP by June 3rd. Payment is due in advance of lunch via paypal. Please PM (start private conversation) for more info.

Reactions: ModelX
You still have a few more days to respond. I've received payments from about 1/2 of the folks. If you don't have my email yet, please contact me via private conversation at this site.