TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sharing of Referral success stories

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TSLAopt, Dec 1, 2015.

1. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

I've generated 1 referral so far through my dad buying an S and am close to getting to #2 from my realtor who I'm considering let borrow my car for a week as I'm confident that would close the referral/sale with her.

The purpose of this thread is to share testimonials of people who have had success with the Model S referral program, especially people with high rates of success (over 5 referrals) and how they got his numbers of referrals. Did they camp out next to a BMW shop? Put their referral link in some newsletter? have a lot of wealthy friendsand family members who they convinced one at a time? Etc.

please share

2. Hank42

Hank42 Member

I made a referral almost by mistake - was just talking to someone who had a question on color after having seen mine. He said he was happy with what he saw and was on his way home to finish placing his order when I remembered the referral link!

I'll say, in all the times I had intentionally tried to "push" the referral, it never came to fruition. Right place, right time I suppose. I don't expect any other takers, but it felt good to do something nice for someone else.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

5 referrals but 4 of them did not order until just after the 31 October deadline.

Darn!

4. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

#4 digitaltim, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    One inadvertent referral before 10/31.

An industry colleague was talking to me about the car and their interest in possibly buying one. We never discussed the referral program but the Tesla store told them about it when they went for a test drive.

They called me that night for my referral code and placed their order.

5. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

Nice inadvertent success story.

I'm really curious to hear success stories of people who are at or near the top of the list. Of course we all know Bjorn and how he likely is at the top, but i'm more interested to learn from the people who we don't all know who are at or near the top of the list.
    If anyone knows a way to reach them direct please let me know as I'd like to ping them to ask them to provide their stories on this thread for other aspirational referral partners to see and learn from (like me)

6. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

many at the top are internet marketers using their tools to get referrals and probably will not share their stories... some are spending big $$ to get them....

7. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

I asked my salesman to kick a referral to his favorite owner, so some anonymous person got the referral when I made a purchase.

Then I struck out trying to get one myself.

I'm surprised no soon-to-purchase folks didn't come here an auction off their referrals. Since first-to-10 got a model X, I think

8. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV