Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharing Various Android Automations and Tools

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First I want to say (because there was confusion on reddit when I shared some of these in the past) - I'm not selling anything or in anyway associated with any of the apps or tools mentioned here. Just want to share some things that I have created that have been helpful with the larger community for everyone's benefit.

Everything here is automation that requires an Android phone, the Automagic App, and the Tasker Plugin for Tesla

Automagic is an automation tool that let's you use triggers, conditions, and actions to make things happen based on other things.

The Tasker Plugin for Tesla is a plugin that let's you use the Tesla API to get information about your car as well as send commands to be executed. I'm not the developer but it seems that these interactions are direct from your mobile device to Tesla (so while you're entering credentials, you're not sharing them with a 3rd party)

All that said - certainly want to share but also interested in what others may be doing the same way. I'm sure there are a ton of ideas out there.

Widget

Overview

Android widget on home screen providing at a glance status of vehicle with single click access to a lot of functionality that would otherwise require opening the app.

cvF96Yc.jpg

Quick Video Demo

For a detailed run down, I think it's best to link back to the reddit thread on this one.

Automations

Set Car to Heat/Cool Every Morning

Overview

• Trigger at set time every weekday
  • Check if we're connected to a charger - If yes, continue
  • Check current inside temperature, if below 64 use seat heater/if above no seat heater (this let's me use the same flow for winter and summer - if we're cooling to get to target, I don't want the seat heater to trigger)
  • Start climate control and set temperature to 70 F with or without seat heater depending on starting temp.
Automagic Flow
lsY32EC.jpg

Not pictured here but I have another flow as a safety measure that runs 30 minutes later - if I'm still connected to the charger and in the same location - it disables the climate control. This ensures on holidays or days where I'm not driving at my typical time, I'm not running climate all day.

Turn on Sentry Mode when Ring Camera Activates

Overview
  • Whenever Ring Camera (Driveway in my case) sees motion -
  • Check location of car and if at home, enable Sentry Mode for three minutes

Automagic Flow

2i2Ow1w.jpg

I hope these are helpful and interesting, happy to help anyone get something similar in any of these cases set up for themselves or answer any questions. Would also love to hear what others have done or even considered. So many ingenuitive and downright useful possibilities!

• Informative
Reactions: ajp558