Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharp increase in Service Center hourly labor rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in southeastern PA, and I've had the unfortunate luck of having to bring my 2013 Model S P85 in for service (at the same Service Center) in July, August, and September of this year. In July, the hourly labor rate was $175/hour. In August it was $195/hour, and in September it was $239/hour! Has anyone else noticed a sharp increase in labor rates at their Service Center?

Long time owner here and I'm feeling the affects of this $239 hour labor rate. Had a coolant heater error replaced the unit and error still persist. They had me approve $970 work order to troubleshoot the low voltage and high voltage systems. Along with changing out the heater again. I'm so pissed just to diagnose an issue is big $$$.

I think this simply indicates that they are overloaded with warrantee work and don't want to do additional garage work. Raising the price should deter some people. Here in Quebec they refused tire changes for a long while, probably for the same reason. All work that doesn't absolutely require their expertise or warrantee can be done by another reputable garage that understands EVs.

Reactions: technoz