Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharpie on black fender?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you’ll probably want to use a dedicated product for trim restoration such as Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer; will permanently bring back the black finish of the trim by dyeing it and should effectively mask minor scratches.. you can also take it a step further using magic eraser on the scratch but it will also remove texture in the area and whiten it, then apply Solution Finish on top; optionally you can protect on top of Solution Finish with a ceramic coating that works on trim like Gyeon Trim / Kamikaze ISM / Zipang

I recently had good luck with polish. I purchased a 2015 RAV4 for my mother and detailed it - rubbed out a lot of scratches, followed by Meguire's Car Polish. I accidentally got some polish on the black plastic fenders and was afraid it would stain white like the rubbing compound or some waxes do. I was happily surprised that not only did it not stain, but it allowed me to remove some scratches, embedded paint and previous mentioned rubbing compound. I use a 4" foam buffing pad on electric drill. Wipe with microfiber cloth.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G19...t=&hvlocphy=9019559&hvtargid=pla-439014920395