Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She only had 1000 miles on her

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just over 1k miles. Sideswiped by a lady leaving the mall parking lot. You can't see it well in the picture but the rear tire is angled inward. All 4 rims were damaged. Currently sitting at the wrecker lot while we wait to see who will even take it right now. Tesla road side number opperator said car is probably totaled. Awesome.....

Dash video

20221111_164820.jpg

Attachments

• 20221111_172028.jpg
    20221111_172028.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20221111_164831.jpg
    20221111_164831.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 137
That's a shame!

It doesn't look like there's any structural damage from what pics there are, so I could be wrong... The subframes can be replaced, new suspension etc etc. I bet the wreckers are salivating considering your lightly damaged car if it gets totaled.

That's awful sorry this happened to you. The good news is there so not appear to be any injuries. Hard to say if it's a total loss by pictures.

Hopefully the at fault party will make you whole. If it were me I wouldn't want the car back after that kind of damage.

Good luck with this.

Ouch, that hurts. How does insurance view an accident like this? She clearly cut across 3 lanes. (are you blind woman?). But will they view it as you running into her?

I was always told that even if someone cuts you off, if you run into the back of them, you're at fault?

Ouch, that hurts. How does insurance view an accident like this? She clearly cut across 3 lanes. (are you blind woman?). But will they view it as you running into her?

I was always told that even if someone cuts you off, if you run into the back of them, you're at fault?
She struck me initially right above the front passenger wheel.

The officer really enjoyed the video and gave her a ticket right away.

Sorry for your loss :( Did AP engage at all to try and slow down your car more?
I only noticed that it seemed to intervene at impact to keep the car straight. Car never alerted or did anything else. I don't know if she just ended up in a blind spot or it was her angle. I was kind of surprised airbags didn't deploy. Must of been because it was the other side of the car then I was on.

I only noticed that it seemed to intervene at impact to keep the car straight. Car never alerted or did anything else. I don't know if she just ended up in a blind spot or it was her angle. I was kind of surprised airbags didn't deploy. Must of been because it was the other side of the car then I was on.
Cars are pretty smart about airbags. Airbags can cause injury and only applied when they would absolutely have a chance to make a difference (at least in theory).