Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sheetz tesla charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone not living in this area and driving across country, probably not something that a lot of people are aware of.

But would you care where the Supercharger is if the NAV is directing you there and telling you how long to plug in for? From there you could then look at what’s around that charger, but why would knowing there is a list of Superchargers at Sheetz make any difference compared to the total list of Superchargers already available?

Not trying to be argumentative or to say it wouldn’t be of value to you, but I’m not understanding what the gain is with gathering that info.

But would you care where the Supercharger is if the NAV is directing you there and telling you how long to plug in for? From there you could then look at what’s around that charger, but why would knowing there is a list of Superchargers at Sheetz make any difference compared to the total list of Superchargers already available?

Not trying to be argumentative or to say it wouldn’t be of value to you, but I’m not understanding what the gain is with gathering that info.

I get your point on the car nav but never having heard of Sheetz or even Royal Farms or Wawa I'm interested in checking out their websites to see who they are and what they offer and in general where their locations are. If Sheetz for example is putting in SCs, there's a good chance in the future more will go into their other locations than any other possible location.

As for Sheetz they have 2 locations close to a relative but neither showing charging (of any kind right now). If I were driving out to visit now for a week or more and hanging around the immediate area while visiting, I'd either have to plug in at 120v if there's a convenient outlet to use (50+ year old homes there so not always possible; in fact don't think they have exterior outlets, probably no garage outlet and I know dryers are in the basement) or travel something like 40+ miles round trip out of my way past the location to get charged while there (closest SC to the area). Very few J1772s in the immediate area and noticing the few I'm seeing are at places like car dealerships (not sure how Teslas there would be viewed or what hours they'd even be available). With charging rates so slow at these locations I could see spending a good part of the vacation/visit with the car parked there charging.

If Sheetz for example is putting in SCs, there's a good chance in the future more will go into their other locations than any other possible location.

Gotcha. I've been to Sheetz before, both for gas and for a convenience store run (in Roanoke, VA once, at night, it was the only place to go get food that we could find after a wedding). I hadn't thought of looking at their location map and thinking/hoping they and Tesla would put in chargers at other locations one would be around. Still not something that would come naturally to think of to me, but you answered my question as to why someone would and I appreciate that. Thank you!

Just wanted to add to this, and point out an apparent new Tesla strategy, The two newest Superchargers on the west coast of Florida are at Wawa's. So to me, it looks like Tesla figured out the fastest way to deploy Superchargers is to find existing companies that have large numbers of locations and that have excess parking and partner with them. That way, all they have to do is get permitting and do minimal construction to add Superchargers. And probably the hardest part that takes the most amount of time is negotiating with the various landlords or buying the property. The quicky-marts are equally happy since they can turn something that isn't generating any revenue (excess parking) into patrons that will spend above average money (due to the amount of time at the location).

We have Sheetz in Central Virginia (near Lynchburg) and I'm hoping that they will consider adding SuCs at one in the area. It's a big dead-zone of fast charging in the state (the closest ones are Lexington, Charlottesville, Burlington (soon Greensboro), and Chester). FWIW, I sent Sheetz and email about the store on Rt-29S that they are rebuilding, urging them to consider adding EV charging as well. If anyone else is willing to take the time, the more voices the better. Cheers!

Reactions: RTPEV
Not to be too picky but the Sheetz at Franklin Park PA does not have great Wi_Fi ...every time I test it I get 512kb/s and 64kb/s download/upload. Do we (tesla owners) have a "right" to complain.

I am lucky that I am 3 miles from that supercharger and two miles to the older one in Cranberry, PA (this one has starbucks internet speed) as well as 3 miles to the Service Center.

We have Sheetz in Central Virginia (near Lynchburg) and I'm hoping that they will consider adding SuCs at one in the area. It's a big dead-zone of fast charging in the state (the closest ones are Lexington, Charlottesville, Burlington (soon Greensboro), and Chester). FWIW, I sent Sheetz and email about the store on Rt-29S that they are rebuilding, urging them to consider adding EV charging as well. If anyone else is willing to take the time, the more voices the better. Cheers!

Yes, this particular Sheetz would be a nearly ideal site for a SC. Going from Durham, NC north on US-29 to I-81 (or back), the closest Supercharger is the newly opened Sheetz in Mt. Jackson, VA, 253 miles away (without taking a 30 minute diversion to Charlottesville). I tried to contact Sheetz about this, but probably didn't have a good contact. Can you share your contact? I would be happy to contact them.

Yes, this particular Sheetz would be a nearly ideal site for a SC. Going from Durham, NC north on US-29 to I-81 (or back), the closest Supercharger is the newly opened Sheetz in Mt. Jackson, VA, 253 miles away (without taking a 30 minute diversion to Charlottesville). I tried to contact Sheetz about this, but probably didn't have a good contact. Can you share your contact? I would be happy to contact them.
I just used the contact us button (HELP | Contact US) on their website.

Reactions: RTPEV