Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sheetz tesla charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just used the contact us button (HELP | Contact US) on their website.
That channel was surprisingly effective. I submitted a thanks for Mt. Jackson, etc. and suggested Lynchburg, and just a few hours later I got a response noting my request for a Supercharger at the Mt. Jackson location ;). I replied with my correction and got another response apologizing for the confusing and letting me know they would be passing on my request for Lynchburg, so it does actually seem like real people monitor and read that channel!

I stopped at the Falls Creek, PA Sheetz to supercharge over Thanksgiving weekend. I had my family with me and we were able to kill 30 minutes pretty easily. It was clean and had a pretty good assortment of ready to eat food in addition to the made to order stuff. And the little dining area was also clean and comfortable. My sister in law said they're crap compared to Wawa though. I have no idea.

I stopped at the Falls Creek, PA Sheetz to supercharge over Thanksgiving weekend. I had my family with me and we were able to kill 30 minutes pretty easily. It was clean and had a pretty good assortment of ready to eat food in addition to the made to order stuff. And the little dining area was also clean and comfortable. My sister in law said they're crap compared to Wawa though. I have no idea.

Haven't been to Sheetz but Wawa has some pretty damn good food

We have Sheetz in Central Virginia (near Lynchburg) and I'm hoping that they will consider adding SuCs at one in the area. It's a big dead-zone of fast charging in the state (the closest ones are Lexington, Charlottesville, Burlington (soon Greensboro), and Chester). FWIW, I sent Sheetz and email about the store on Rt-29S that they are rebuilding, urging them to consider adding EV charging as well. If anyone else is willing to take the time, the more voices the better. Cheers!

CRL on Twitter

Reactions: swengl
Pretty sure the New Kensington, PA Sheetz doesn't have any Superchargers yet but if you start to see the bathrooms in Sheetz with blue lights inside, this is the reason why. Really sad something like this is even a consideration for businesses. The story is making the rounds in local news in the area and now being picked up by other areas. And who doesn't make a pit stop when charging sometimes. Never really thought about encountering something like this before.

New Kensington Sheetz tests anti-drug blue hue for restroom lights

Hanover PA could seriously use a Supercharger. When I asked the manager at the Sheetz in South Hanover, she told me they have no plans for that location to install one. :-( There is the Sheetz, a garden center and a Wal-Mart all within walking distance and the Wal-Mart lot is huge.

Hanover isn't near any major Interstate and it has a serious lack of public charging stations other than the NEMA 14-50s at the Codorus State Park campground (closed in Winter). You have to go to either New Oxford or Gettysburg (both along US-30).

This was the response I got from them.....so not sure but doesn't look like they are getting one in Staunton VA :(

Although they didn't list the Mt.Crawford Sheetz location that has had a Tesla Supercharger installed in the past couple months.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry about Electronic Vehicle chargers at Sheetz. We currently have installed eight level III DC Fast Chargers at the following Sheetz Stores:

State College - 1781 North Atherton Street (Store #122)
Altoona - 400 East Plank Road (Store #187)
Blairsville - 610 Route 22 Highway W. (Store #498)
Mechanicsburg - 6054 Carlisle Pike (Store #518)
Harrisburg - 4001 Union Deposit Road (Store #523)
Morrisville, NC-1600 Aviation Parkway (Store #399)
Raleigh, NC-600 Corporate Center Drive (Store #480)
Cary, NC-4010 Convenience Lane (Store #555)

These chargers will fit any EV with a Chademo connector. We are monitoring these five sites and we are currently in discussions with other EV manufacturers. Additional charging site options may occur in the future, however, no other chargers are scheduled for installation at the present time. Should a new charger sites become available, we will list them on the PlugShare website (www.plugshare.com)

Thank you for your inquiry!

Sincerely,
Courtney
Customer Service Representative
Sheetz, Inc.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
One thing we can all do if we want to see more chargers at Sheetz is to spend some money there while charging. I'm sure they are evaluating the cost/benefit of the existing chargers before committing to more.
I've spent time and money twice at the Carlisle PA Supercharger.

Also, the last time I was in Mechanicsburg, that CHAdeMO charger was broken. The cable wasn't even attached.

This was the response I got from them.....

State College - 1781 North Atherton Street (Store #122)
Altoona - 400 East Plank Road (Store #187)
Blairsville - 610 Route 22 Highway W. (Store #498)
Mechanicsburg - 6054 Carlisle Pike (Store #518)
Harrisburg - 4001 Union Deposit Road (Store #523)
Morrisville, NC-1600 Aviation Parkway (Store #399)
Raleigh, NC-600 Corporate Center Drive (Store #480)
Cary, NC-4010 Convenience Lane (Store #555)
Sincerely,
Courtney
Customer Service Representative
Sheetz, Inc.

Hey! As a struggllng PhD student I used to live 3 minutes from one of those.....

4 Teslapoints for the first to guess correctly where.

SCs popping up like mushrooms. Unreal, to think that just a bit longer than a year ago the OH to Myrtle Beach trip required a detour in VA to get to a ChadeMo after crossing the then EV desert of WV. Looks like PKB, WV is also getting one. I was surprised when I discovered the Cambridge OH SC just driving by it last month:) Great times for 6-digit nerds!

Reactions: Brian-MS90D