TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sheetz tesla charging stations

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by medphys, Nov 1, 2017.

1. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

That channel was surprisingly effective. I submitted a thanks for Mt. Jackson, etc. and suggested Lynchburg, and just a few hours later I got a response noting my request for a Supercharger at the Mt. Jackson location ;). I replied with my correction and got another response apologizing for the confusing and letting me know they would be passing on my request for Lynchburg, so it does actually seem like real people monitor and read that channel!

2. jwilf

jwilf Member

New Superchargers? Sheeeeeetz!

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

Last month I supercharged at least four times at three different Sheetz locations. I even picked up their shopper discount card! :)
    Decent food made to order. Cappuccinos are not bad either.
    I am glad Sheetz is emerging as a good Tesla partner.

• Like x 4
  4. _jal_

_jal_ Member

I stopped at the Falls Creek, PA Sheetz to supercharge over Thanksgiving weekend. I had my family with me and we were able to kill 30 minutes pretty easily. It was clean and had a pretty good assortment of ready to eat food in addition to the made to order stuff. And the little dining area was also clean and comfortable. My sister in law said they're crap compared to Wawa though. I have no idea.

5. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

Haven't been to Sheetz but Wawa has some pretty damn good food

6. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

CRL on Twitter

• Like x 1
  7. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Pretty sure the New Kensington, PA Sheetz doesn't have any Superchargers yet but if you start to see the bathrooms in Sheetz with blue lights inside, this is the reason why. Really sad something like this is even a consideration for businesses. The story is making the rounds in local news in the area and now being picked up by other areas. And who doesn't make a pit stop when charging sometimes. Never really thought about encountering something like this before.

New Kensington Sheetz tests anti-drug blue hue for restroom lights

8. sscott540

sscott540 Member

There is a current remodel happening on the Staunton VA Sheetz which would be a great location right at the interstate 81 and route 64 intersection. I did submit the contact us form on their website to ask if they where going to have tesla supercharger there. Would be very convenient as they are 30-45 miles away from any others.

9. BigNick

BigNick Member

Hanover PA could seriously use a Supercharger. When I asked the manager at the Sheetz in South Hanover, she told me they have no plans for that location to install one. :-( There is the Sheetz, a garden center and a Wal-Mart all within walking distance and the Wal-Mart lot is huge.

Hanover isn't near any major Interstate and it has a serious lack of public charging stations other than the NEMA 14-50s at the Codorus State Park campground (closed in Winter). You have to go to either New Oxford or Gettysburg (both along US-30).

10. sscott540

sscott540 Member

This was the response I got from them.....so not sure but doesn't look like they are getting one in Staunton VA :(

Although they didn't list the Mt.Crawford Sheetz location that has had a Tesla Supercharger installed in the past couple months.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your inquiry about Electronic Vehicle chargers at Sheetz. We currently have installed eight level III DC Fast Chargers at the following Sheetz Stores:

State College - 1781 North Atherton Street (Store #122)
    Altoona - 400 East Plank Road (Store #187)
    Blairsville - 610 Route 22 Highway W. (Store #498)
    Mechanicsburg - 6054 Carlisle Pike (Store #518)
    Harrisburg - 4001 Union Deposit Road (Store #523)
    Morrisville, NC-1600 Aviation Parkway (Store #399)
    Raleigh, NC-600 Corporate Center Drive (Store #480)
    Cary, NC-4010 Convenience Lane (Store #555)

These chargers will fit any EV with a Chademo connector. We are monitoring these five sites and we are currently in discussions with other EV manufacturers. Additional charging site options may occur in the future, however, no other chargers are scheduled for installation at the present time. Should a new charger sites become available, we will list them on the PlugShare website (www.plugshare.com)

Thank you for your inquiry!

Sincerely,
    Courtney
    Customer Service Representative
    Sheetz, Inc.

• Informative x 1
  11. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

One thing we can all do if we want to see more chargers at Sheetz is to spend some money there while charging. I'm sure they are evaluating the cost/benefit of the existing chargers before committing to more.

• Like x 1
  12. BigNick

BigNick Member

I've spent time and money twice at the Carlisle PA Supercharger.

Also, the last time I was in Mechanicsburg, that CHAdeMO charger was broken. The cable wasn't even attached.

13. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I hope they also add some 80 amp Level 2 Chargers so ALL EVs can charge.

14. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Hey! As a struggllng PhD student I used to live 3 minutes from one of those.....

4 Teslapoints for the first to guess correctly where.

15. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

WaWa
    is putting several in in Orlando. Check Supercharger.info.

16. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

WaWa locations are also slated for supercharger installations. Burlington NJ WaWa is already installed.

17. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

SCs popping up like mushrooms. Unreal, to think that just a bit longer than a year ago the OH to Myrtle Beach trip required a detour in VA to get to a ChadeMo after crossing the then EV desert of WV. Looks like PKB, WV is also getting one. I was surprised when I discovered the Cambridge OH SC just driving by it last month:) Great times for 6-digit nerds!

• Like x 1
  18. bpotts

bpotts New Member

This one is up and working. Easy off and on for I 80 the Ohio Turnpike

19. adamtc4

adamtc4 Member

The Mt Jackson, VA sheetz charger was great!

20. BlueRidgeksky

BlueRidgeksky Member

It looks like the new supercharger permit for Haymarket, VA ( near rt 66 and 29) is at a Sheetz. Now if they would only add one to the Sheetz off of Rt 460 and 29 in Lynchburg......

• Like x 1