Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sheidk, et al. v. Tesla, Inc. Settlement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a check today. I thought it was some sort of fake check until I looked it up. I’m with you I don’t remember having an option to exclude, I’m kinda mad that I couldn’t. I guess if you don’t cash the check it still doesn’t help Tesla. I’m definitely not upset with Tesla. Love my car.

So I researched this a little
It’s a legit check I received, relating to an autopilot lawsuit
As a purchaser in Dec 2016 I qualify for the maximum amount
I never recall getting any notice that I was part of this, tho it appears all within certain date purchases were included
So I guess I’ll cash the check, it’s already a done deal
As usual, the lawyers get a decent portion of the 5 million settlement

Mine was 152 ...April '17 delivery

Next is litigation for my TSLA stock after Elon's "420" comment.

I wonder why the long delays for FSD did not attract attention of lawyers...some people will be coming off their 3 year leases having paid for FSD and not used it.

So I researched this a little
It’s a legit check I received, relating to an autopilot lawsuit
As a purchaser in Dec 2016 I qualify for the maximum amount
I never recall getting any notice that I was part of this, tho it appears all within certain date purchases were included
So I guess I’ll cash the check, it’s already a done deal
As usual, the lawyers get a decent portion of the 5 million settlement

Model S built in May 2017, bought in June 2017... check was $76.13. Received today.

Does cashing the check invoke any other ramifications?

I got a check today. I thought it was some sort of fake check until I looked it up. I’m with you I don’t remember having an option to exclude, I’m kinda mad that I couldn’t. I guess if you don’t cash the check it still doesn’t help Tesla. I’m definitely not upset with Tesla. Love my car.

It depends on who the cheque is from. If it's a cheque from Tesla itself it 100% saves them the money if you don't cash it. But if it's some kind of court ordered thing where they have to pay a lawyer who then dispurses…. then yeah prob may as well cash it.