Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sheikh, et al. v. Tesla, Inc. Settlement - Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to exclude.

But, I really feel like this could spell the beginning of the end. It seem to really open the door to the entire 'lateness' of feature delivery and poor performance of the updated content. Even the nag is likely to become more of a known issue among both owners and non-owners.
I see common manufactures now including "Pedestrian Detection" and/or "Automatic Emergency Breaking", while my MS claims to have, but does not appear to exhibit even AEB.

Tesla needs to get its collective act together, and quick! Those periodic releases better start showing notes including; New Beta Features, Corrected Issues, Known Issues, Beta Features to Production and Deprecated Features.

I was a huge proponent in August of 2017 when I took delivery of my S75D. That's honestly not the case anymore. Most manufactures have either overtaken Tesla or are about to in regards to self driving innovation.

Getting my settlement information card in the mail this morning was a wake up call..

I've been patient long enough!

Reactions: arlorose
I'm planning to exclude.

But, I really feel like this could spell the beginning of the end. It seem to really open the door to the entire 'lateness' of feature delivery and poor performance of the updated content. Even the nag is likely to become more of a known issue among both owners and non-owners.
I see common manufactures now including "Pedestrian Detection" and/or "Automatic Emergency Breaking", while my MS claims to have, but does not appear to exhibit even AEB.

Tesla needs to get its collective act together, and quick! Those periodic releases better start showing notes including; New Beta Features, Corrected Issues, Known Issues, Beta Features to Production and Deprecated Features.

I was a huge proponent in August of 2017 when I took delivery of my S75D. That's honestly not the case anymore. Most manufactures have either overtaken Tesla or are about to in regards to self driving innovation.

Getting my settlement information card in the mail this morning was a wake up call..

Probably time that you sell the car and go get one of the others before everyone realizes that the value of a Tesla is terrible and the resale goes to $0.

While I may be mistaken, the Tesla is the ONLY car on the road that has the capability and promise to provide self-driving when it becomes available. So if you want it, you aren't going to get it in any other car.

I agree that the capability and promise are there. The potential is not. Tesla appears mired in software/hardware and operational issues that they just don't show an ability to get control of.
Yes, other cars are starting to catch up. Volvo, BMW and GM are quickly approaching. With their development maturity, I would bet that they won't promise anything, but instead will suddenly announce the capability in the new annual model that begins shipping.
Further, this law suit is going to attract some negative attention and has already taken a sharp 10% hit on the TSLA stock price.

Honestly, my fingers are crossed that version 9 is around the corner or some release that is on the order of the 10.4 level of improvement. I do know that I'll never go ICE again. The Volt convinced me of that. I'll keep the MS for now. Let's see what other EVs have in a year..

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I just opened a letter that gives me a whole $55 for being a member of this class action lawsuit (that I frankly didn't even know about) against Tesla.
What I appreciate most about it (it's a $4,000-$5,000 option) is that I get $55 and the lawyers get just shy of $1,000,000.

Makes me warm and fuzzy knowing our legal system is there looking out for ... itself.

Sheikh, et al. v. Tesla, Inc.

I just got a check for $203.01 in re to Sheikh et al v Tesla Inc. I did not even realize I was included in this class action suit. Apparently if one did not opt out, they were included. I am wondering if there are any consequences to me if I cash this check. I do not want to give up my chance to get self driving which I paid Tesla for. Is this law suit only because the Auto Pilot 2.0 features were delayed or does it mean that a person gives up their right to get Auto Pilot 2.0 advanced features?

I'm planning to exclude.

The beginning of the end? Tesla set out a $5 million settlement fund for this. How is that going to tank the company?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I own two Teslas, both were purchased with FSD. I knew nothing about this so called class action, If I had, I would never have supported it. Yesterday I received a cheque for $20.60. Seems the lawyers are making sure they keep more than just $1M. FSD is real and both cars are being updated to HW3 at no cost to me so this is a completely bogus lawsuit. I will only purchase Teslas going forward so this will be going back to Tesla.

Reactions: DriverOne
I own two Teslas, both were purchased with FSD. I knew nothing about this so called class action, If I had, I would never have supported it. Yesterday I received a cheque for $20.60. Seems the lawyers are making sure they keep more than just $1M. FSD is real and both cars are being updated to HW3 at no cost to me so this is a completely bogus lawsuit. I will only purchase Teslas going forward so this will be going back to Tesla.
Is it? Can you demonstrate it in a video, I’d love to see it!

Because as far as I’m aware FSD is not available. Nor will it be available anytime soon. But please do show us that you have it!

Reactions: am_dmd
I'm planning to exclude.

Like a lot of people here, I didn't have a clue about this suit. I looked it up, so I am up to speed now. I guess I understand the grievance of those who shelled out for the FSD feature, which I did not. Not only did the concept of AP seem beyond belief to me, I didn't buy the car to NOT drive it. Much of the joy of an EV comes from the acceleration, but I doubt AP would "floor it" to make that yellow light 100 yards distant, blowing off the obnoxious muscle car, nor provide the satisfaction of mastering a stop right at the "line" using regen braking only. Someday I will trade for more range, but I don't see FSD in my future.

I also just received a check for $20.60; if I deposit it do I lose any rights for the future? I have no current issues with FSD (waiting patiently on it and have seen a fair amount of progress in the last 2 years) but am quite disappointed in a completely separate issue (the acceleration shudder they have not been able to fix despite trying at least 5 times)? Not sure this miniscule amount does anything but certainly do not want to leave it for the lawyers :)