TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sheikh, et al. v. Tesla, Inc. Settlement - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by LMichel, Jul 28, 2018.

1. LMichel

LMichel Member

I'm planning to exclude.

But, I really feel like this could spell the beginning of the end. It seem to really open the door to the entire 'lateness' of feature delivery and poor performance of the updated content. Even the nag is likely to become more of a known issue among both owners and non-owners.
    I see common manufactures now including "Pedestrian Detection" and/or "Automatic Emergency Breaking", while my MS claims to have, but does not appear to exhibit even AEB.

Tesla needs to get its collective act together, and quick! Those periodic releases better start showing notes including; New Beta Features, Corrected Issues, Known Issues, Beta Features to Production and Deprecated Features.

I was a huge proponent in August of 2017 when I took delivery of my S75D. That's honestly not the case anymore. Most manufactures have either overtaken Tesla or are about to in regards to self driving innovation.

Getting my settlement information card in the mail this morning was a wake up call..

I've been patient long enough!

• Like x 1
  2. Tiger

Tiger Member

Garbled post? Anyways, facebook is on the firing line too.

• Informative x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Probably time that you sell the car and go get one of the others before everyone realizes that the value of a Tesla is terrible and the resale goes to $0.

While I may be mistaken, the Tesla is the ONLY car on the road that has the capability and promise to provide self-driving when it becomes available. So if you want it, you aren't going to get it in any other car.

4. LMichel

LMichel Member

I agree that the capability and promise are there. The potential is not. Tesla appears mired in software/hardware and operational issues that they just don't show an ability to get control of.
    Yes, other cars are starting to catch up. Volvo, BMW and GM are quickly approaching. With their development maturity, I would bet that they won't promise anything, but instead will suddenly announce the capability in the new annual model that begins shipping.
    Further, this law suit is going to attract some negative attention and has already taken a sharp 10% hit on the TSLA stock price.

Honestly, my fingers are crossed that version 9 is around the corner or some release that is on the order of the 10.4 level of improvement. I do know that I'll never go ICE again. The Volt convinced me of that. I'll keep the MS for now. Let's see what other EVs have in a year..