Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Shelf Butler by Norm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made this same mistake... It's a bit of an inconvenience but you'll be happy once you receive it and it doesn't take very long =)

Doesn't take very long? It's already been nearly a month & then I find out the payment hasn't even been received. This is 100% avoidable & someone should take the 14 seconds required to correct the issue. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Doesn't take very long? It's already been nearly a month & then I find out the payment hasn't even been received. This is 100% avoidable & someone should take the 14 seconds required to correct the issue. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Could've been less than a month if you followed-up earlier? Idk why you seem so upset from your own lack of follow-up.

I understand the e-mail posted was wrong but if you read a little bit within the thread you'll see it mentioned.

Could've been less than a month if you followed-up earlier? Idk why you seem so upset from your own lack of follow-up.

I understand the e-mail posted was wrong but if you read a little bit within the thread you'll see it mentioned.

Lack of follow up? What do you think I'm doing? I read the last few posts of the thread to see not only was he still actively fulfilling orders but that they were taking 2 weeks or so to ship. I proceeded with this information and at no point did I feel it necessary to read every single post to the thread in the off chance the OP supplied the wrong email for payment. I've never seen that before so why would anyone even suspect it? This is idiotic to expect people to think this way.

The item in question isn't necessary to the critical function of the vehicle so I was fine with not bothering the seller & allowing ample time to receive. This is called being a patient consumer and it's a trait most sellers appreciate. None of my actions (or lack thereof) are the cause of the error which is the reason for the delay. I'm not really sure how you feel you can argue that fact. I'm not the first person so this should have been taken care of already.

Your accusatory & baseless post trying to somehow make me a villain in a situation where there is none isn't helping matters at all & is only serving to take the thread off topic. It has the feel of a troll so unless you have something useful to add you should just refrain from the off-topic replies. This obviously doesn't concern you.

Lack of follow up? What do you think I'm doing? I read the last few posts of the thread to see not only was he still actively fulfilling orders but that they were taking 2 weeks or so to ship. I proceeded with this information and at no point did I feel it necessary to read every single post to the thread in the off chance the OP supplied the wrong email for payment. I've never seen that before so why would anyone even suspect it? This is idiotic to expect people to think this way.

The item in question isn't necessary to the critical function of the vehicle so I was fine with not bothering the seller & allowing ample time to receive. This is called being a patient consumer and it's a trait most sellers appreciate. None of my actions (or lack thereof) are the cause of the error which is the reason for the delay. I'm not really sure how you feel you can argue that fact. I'm not the first person so this should have been taken care of already.

Your accusatory & baseless post trying to somehow make me a villain in a situation where there is none isn't helping matters at all & is only serving to take the thread off topic. It has the feel of a troll so unless you have something useful to add you should just refrain from the off-topic replies. This obviously doesn't concern you.
I am sorry for the inconvenience , but PayPal is partly to blame. If payment is sent to a non existing account, they just hold the funds rather than inform you of the problem. The email address in the 1st post is correct, not sure if I made and error when I posted it and it was corrected ? Send me a PM with your info and I will get send you a Shelf Butler

thanks / Norm

I am sorry for the inconvenience , but PayPal is partly to blame. If payment is sent to a non existing account, they just hold the funds rather than inform you of the problem. The email address in the 1st post is correct, not sure if I made and error when I posted it and it was corrected ? Send me a PM with your info and I will get send you a Shelf Butler

thanks / Norm
From Paypal's standpoint they take a payment for an email address and 1) either that email address has an account associated with it already in which case the payment is simply processed as usual or 2) that email address doesn't yet have a Paypal account & they simply send an automated email to the email address notifying the email address holder that they have a pending payment.

If you list the wrong payment how can they email the "right" email address to tell you that your wrong email address has a payment? I see no possible way that Paypal can notify you in the event that you have a typo in your email address because they have no way of knowing that's not an actual email address nor do they have any way to know who's email address is close to that one which could possibly make it theirs.

The onus falls on the person taking the payment to make sure that they have given the proper email address because there's no possible way for the person sending the payment to know if it's the correct email address or not. That payment could be going to some random troll in Madagascar if they accepted it and there would be little to no recourse.

It looks like the PMs to mods worked because the OP now reads .net instead of .com so I believe they corrected the issue. Once one helpful member pointed out the problem I cancelled the payment (thankfully whoever has the .com version of that email didn't accept it... free money) and resent to the proper email address. It looks like it was shipped so I'm hoping it arrives in the next few days so I can install and use it.

The purpose of my initial post was to 1) make sure I got the item I paid for and 2) make sure this confusion is avoided for others moving forward. Not sure how some people on this forum can fault me for either one of those as both are perfectly reasonable expectations. Now that it looks like both have been resolved we can move on.

Just got my custom cubby from Norm. He did an amazing job. Looks great and exactly what I needed and wanted.

Thank you Norm.

Attachments

• A6751767-66F2-4345-B561-0841CBFB565D.jpeg
    A6751767-66F2-4345-B561-0841CBFB565D.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: rsg123
Not a new idea but I tried to make it cleaner, easy install and less $

Price is 20.00 Delivered Payments to PayPal [email protected]

Below is link to DAerik's video & my lame installation video

Norm's video at: iCloud Photo Sharing

Daerik's Video

!!! Working on 2 new items, Lighted door sill plates ( target price $150.00 per set delivered) & trunk lighting

Thanks / Norm

Hey Norm, how do I order from you???