Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shelf under 17" Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could build one onto the underside of the unit. I think Audi or someone has a suitable slide away unit. worth looking on eBay. I would then mount it with 3M industrial grade double sided tape - VHB. (very high bond) They actually build vehicle bodies with that stuff.
This way, you still get to keep the cubby space.

You could build one onto the underside of the unit. I think Audi or someone has a suitable slide away unit. worth looking on eBay. I would then mount it with 3M industrial grade double sided tape - VHB. (very high bond) They actually build vehicle bodies with that stuff.
This way, you still get to keep the cubby space.

I did see on eBay a Double Din unit which is 175mm x 50mm x 125mm deep and was curious to know if that would fit. Thats why I was hoping someone might give me the dimensions of the shelf. Rather long shot but you never know ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universa...63?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33963fb927

I only have a sunglass microfiber cloth and a screen cleaning pad and use each almost never. Double DIN will never fit. Even too small for DIN. I guess I could use for more things, but don't have need. The pop out cup holders are great but they can get in the way of some of the screen controls at the bottom. That could be a issue. I did pop for the center console, and while ridiculously expensive, I absolutely love it. It provides all the storage space that I need and nothing slides around, as it does with the large open space. Plus, I can put my water out of the way of my elbow on the armrest.

Not the best shot but
Beltronics sTiR + Mobileye (Soon to be replaced by APSX Wideband gPlus Meter)
IMAG0111.jpg