Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheridan, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've made that trip successfully, but since the speed limit is predominantly 80MPH, I did it in the middle of the night because it required going under 60 and 50 up hills. There have been several times I thought I might make it but stopped at a Plugshare in Gillette to add some slow, insurance miles on a 6.6kW charger. Since then Campbell County Hospital in Gillette has made a 14-50 available. There is also an HPWC at the Quality Inn in Buffalo, though there is a charge for non-guests. The wind is the big variable which determines if the trip from Sheridan to Rapid City is viable.

Thanks, Bighorn!

I might be doing this trip myself. Stopping for an hour or so at the hospital in Gillette sounds like a good bit of insurance.

Sheridan SC.jpg

Working hard on a Saturday. Looks like the pedestals and supercharger area are ready for concrete. Pretty rapid progress so far.

Went back at 8:30pm to snap some pics unencumbered and a bunch of guys were still busy working, buttoning up the wooden enclosure. I remarked how quickly the build had gone and the main guy said it was their 25th. Looks like it's going to be about a week from start to finish, give or take.

Went back at 8:30pm to snap some pics unencumbered and a bunch of guys were still busy working, buttoning up the wooden enclosure. I remarked how quickly the build had gone and the main guy said it was their 25th. Looks like it's going to be about a week from start to finish, give or take.

You going to follow them when they leave to see if they go down the road to Gillette?
I'm seriously reconsidering a stay in Brodus in a few weeks because of this development.

Did you happen to take any pictures today ?

The space is fairly closed in and I don't feel comfortable taking pictures of people, especially when they've made it clear that they're wary of interlopers gathering intel. They are practically working around the clock--they were there yesterday before 7am when I drove by. 8:30 pm the night before. Sunday was the only day they weren't there and they were waiting on concrete. Their website has pictures of them working under night lighting because they're known for rapid builds, so it's hard to get a chance to take a surreptitious photo. I'll head over there again to see if they're taking a dinner break or if they're finishing up.