Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She's finally here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful. Enjoy.
Noticed your image and thought I’d share one :) Blue dog from Xerox on a barn not far from my mother’s place.
A5A1C8A3-BEE6-4FD4-8E3F-CD70702DB6E5.jpeg

Congrats! Looks great. I’m itching for a MY to replace our ice suv. Wife loves her M3 which I will get as a hand me down and she would take the MY but plan on waiting to see how all of the current events play out. Still baffles me how it could be possible that we thank our health care workers & drs who are on the front lines by giving many of them pay cuts.

One of the most exciting things about owning a Tesla is the over the air improvements. Since I bought my MX last June, there have
been significant improvements. Including smart summon, voice commands, increased range, recognition of stop signs and stop lights, and others. And, as they say, the best is yet to come!

Congrats on entering a fun driving experience!

Reactions: aTri
Congratulations.

I've bookmarked a lot of sites with Tesla as the main topic. I would like to recommend to you a site that might quicken your learning curve (in addition to of course to reading the manual).

Checkout on you tube model3man.

He has been. providing a tip of the day for a number of weeks e.g. wiper controls, Autosteer, setting driver profiles, etc. Although he is talking about his Model 3 and its MCU, I'm confident the tips will be just as useful to you with your Model Y.

I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...
how do you like it? l
I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...
Congrats. Excellent choice. It was hard to acquire an MY in California so I had to get a M3 AWD instead. IMHO MY and M3 is based on the same platform with a tad more space . My first Tesla and I am impressed

Reactions: BMax_V.2
Hey guys,

After six days and 200 miles later, the technology behind these things are immense. I've already traded my induction with uberturbine with a member here. Ride quality is stiff but I like it and the range dip is little. The MY is currently at service center for panel gap realignment etc before she gets PPF and ceramic.

Long story short, best car to date especially compared to my 260k miles Honda element. Jokes aside, I have a new appreciation for Tesla as a whole. I hope customer service is on par as well.

I'll will keep everyone posted as time progress. Thank you all and this forum in making my first experience with Tesla enjoyable..

Attachments

• 20200424_101134.jpg
    20200424_101134.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
how do you like it? l

Congrats. Excellent choice. It was hard to acquire an MY in California so I had to get a M3 AWD instead. IMHO MY and M3 is based on the same platform with a tad more space . My first Tesla and I am impressed

The funny part about this whole thing is that I ordered a used m3 midrange with only 600 miles on it while my Y was up in the air. When the sales rep called me in reference to the m3, I asked him about the Y and the rest was history. Canceled the m3 order the next day..

So they didn't call, text, or ring your doorbell to let you know it was delivered? How did they get you the 2 keycards to open up the car? How were the instructions for keying your phone to the car? I picked up my M3 almost 2 years ago and don't think I would've figured it out without help. As it was it took me forever to turn on autopilot (for the cruise control aspect on the freeway driving home). Didn't seem normal to hit the drive/reverse lever while driving over 50mph (would destroy an ice engine if you could do it).

I ordered a Performance Model Y on Feb15th. and picked it up on March 29th. I wasn't as lucky as some that had perfect body panels and trouble free. For some unknown reason the fronk hood would not close and lock. Next the car would not except a charge and give me a warning sign saying can not charge. Both items were handled by the mobile tech in very professional manor. Most body panels were in alinement and the margins were good except the passenger door was badly out of alinement so the body trim didn't line up. For that fix I had to drive to the service center 75 mile from where I live. I didn't mind being I had the fun of driving the car there and back. The service center did an adjustment on the door and I was on my way in less then 30 minutes. Now the car is fixed and I have to say Tesla did a great job and stepped up to the plate
60850068234__5F14542B-16F6-4452-BC4F-441BEE9AEC33.jpeg
making these repairs.

Welcome to the MY Club! Love mine as well and like you this is my first Tesla and EV.. Yes, there is a learning curve but soon you get used to that... Have fun with your Blue MY... Congrats
Getting used to my Model 3 was easy. Without question it is the easiest and most intuitive car I’ve ever owned. Enjoy!!

Reactions: BMax_V.2