Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shift in Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from my DS. I was told 2 days ago that the car would be produced during the week of May 23rd and now I'm being told mid June with a delivery of late June but the math doesn't add up since they've already said it takes 10 days to deliver from factory to Austin.
Here's the email...
I wanted to let you know that we have experienced a shift in production of all Model X. We will be producing the car in the second week of June. Delivery is predicted for the end of June.

Just got an email from my DS. I was told 2 days ago that the car would be produced during the week of May 23rd and now I'm being told mid June with a delivery of late June but the math doesn't add up since they've already said it takes 10 days to deliver from factory to Austin.
Here's the email...
I wanted to let you know that we have experienced a shift in production of all Model X. We will be producing the car in the second week of June. Delivery is predicted for the end of June.

This is absurd!!

Did you get your MVPA or have been asked to pay?

Did you get your MVPA or have been asked to pay?
I got my MVPA on May 4th and it showed an ON OR ABOUT June 3rd delivery.
It's possible they still deliver it in June. I'd like to know what the SHIFT in production was for.
I live in Texas so I have to pay for the car long before I get it. I however, have not signed the docs from Alliant Credit Union to pay for it yet.

I got my MVPA on May 4th and it showed an ON OR ABOUT June 3rd delivery.
It's possible they still deliver it in June. I'd like to know what the SHIFT in production was for.
I live in Texas so I have to pay for the car long before I get it. I however, have not signed the docs from Alliant Credit Union to pay for it yet.

My VIN is 300 Tesla's higher than yours and I got my MVPA early April with a ETA of April 30. Clearly that didn't happen, I already paid and completed everything on my part. Listen to the forum members (I should have) and do not pay until you have a scheduled confirmed delivery date and this is verified with Tesla or even better just take the check when you pick up the car.

I know I shouldn't be saying this as I did the exact opposite but I learned from my mistake (the hard way).

On the tour Monday I saw a few being built with right-hand drive. That being said, the service centers here seem so backed up with Model X repairs (when I picked mine up in Palo Alto on Saturday about 2/3 of the vehicles in the garage were Model X's) that I wouldn't be surprised if they are scaling back production a bit to let service centers catch up (and maybe work on factory fixes or processes so they don't need so much attention after delivery).

• Informative
Reactions: newtman
I think the bump in US production is due to European and Canadian Production. Tesla was supposed to get some of these cars out this month... Hopefully, they resume US order production by the end of May as they promised many of us. Q2 deliveries overseas have no chance of making it unless they are coming off the line very soon. Once that EU delivery time deadline is past, US production should resume, I also assume transport will no longer be by rail in June but by truck with 5-7 transit times to make it in time for Q2 deliveries in US. The BMP seat delay is another thing,

Reactions: WABarb
I think the bump in US production is due to European and Canadian Production. Tesla was supposed to get some of these cars out this month... Hopefully, they resume US order production by the end of May as they promised many of us. Q2 deliveries overseas have no chance of making it unless they are coming off the line very soon. Once that EU delivery time deadline is past, US production should resume, I also assume transport will no longer be by rail in June but by truck with 5-7 transit times to make it in time for Q2 deliveries in US. The BMP seat delay is another thing,
Glad to see someone else thinks so to... your post clarified my thoughts in prior post... It makes sense.

My 90D vin 55XX was supposed to be out of production in the week of 5/16(next week) after reading posts here I reached out to DS for an update and, indeed, there is a delay - my updated date of final production is now 6/6 - with delivery last wk of June or first of July. :mad:
But looking at it from a bright side, they feel confident in quality of build and are producing Canadian and European MX's

My 90D vin 55XX was supposed to be out of production in the week of 5/16(next week) after reading posts here I reached out to DS for an update and, indeed, there is a delay - my updated date of final production is now 6/6 - with delivery last wk of June or first of July. :mad:
But looking at it from a bright side, they feel confident in quality of build and are producing Canadian and European MX's

Did you get a MVPA?

There is definitely a "black hole" affecting many who thought they were going into production this month. We were in the late April-May window that hit this production delay. Vin #42XX, 90D, 6-seat, 20 inch, all upgrades less towing. Confirmed order January 17, 2016. I am now told to expect late June-July.

There is definitely a "black hole" affecting many who thought they were going into production this month. We were in the late April-May window that hit this production delay. Vin #42XX, 90D, 6-seat, 20 inch, all upgrades less towing. Confirmed order January 17, 2016. I am now told to expect late June-July.

Did you get your MVPA? If so what is the estimated delivery date?