TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Shiny is not enough!

Discussion in 'California' started by Joseph Torbati, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Here at OCDetail we believe that getting shiny results are not enough! When we do a paint correction and coating we want you to feel like your paint has an ascended from heaven glow!
    Here is some of out latest work!
    DSC_0225_zpsmx7nlwmk.jpg
    Full frontal Xpel Wrap and Cquartz Finest!
    DSC_0034_zpsyn0njmuu.jpg
    Full frontal Xpel and Opti Coat Pro topped with Pro Plus! My first time using Pro Plus was on this car and WOW!
    DSC_0334_zpsprgswugf.jpg
    Cquartz Finest! Unmatched gloss and clarity!
    DSC_0013_zps62aan2fc.jpg
    Sun shots don't lie! Cquartz Finest and full paint correction on this P85D with some RPM Tesla Red wheel decals!
    DSC_0269_zpstws5ehlj.jpg
    The "Sausage is being made" Inside look at the shop! Wow just noticed from this pic I guess we are one of the only "Classic Tesla" shops around! :biggrin:
    DSC_0255_zpssobrmtqx.jpg
    Que Heavenly AAAAAWWWWWWWW!

Thanks for looking
    Joseph Torbati
    OCDetail
    Follow us on Facebook!

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

#2 JPP, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Just chiming in as a happy customer. Joe did my OptiCoat Pro almost 2 years ago. He just did a 'tune up' on the car, and applied OptiGloss. My multi-coat red looks fabulous, better than new (...and he and I have a bet on whether I will get increased range due to reduced coefficient of drag...):). The pictures don't do the results justice. He has done hundreds of S by now, so is very aware of the nuances (...and has done a bunch of way more exotic and pricey rides). Next up is my wife's Obsidian Black S70D in June (...he is recommending cQuartz for black). He understands the art and science, beauty and technology.

3. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Thanks Jpp! Really enjoy working with you!

4. dcohen

dcohen Member

What is the cost for this?

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

...I'll let Joe answer. FWIW, there are 2 parts to the process--prep/perfecting the paint, and the coating. Depends on the condition of your S, and how much correction is needed. Also depends on what product Joe recommends based upon your needs and color. As an old reference point, I had one of the first multi-coat red, and had driven it a couple of months before getting OptiCoat pro applied. So about 2 years ago, and I recall about $350-400 for the prep, and about the same for the OptiCoat Pro. YMMV.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Joe did my P85+ with CQuartz Finest and I continue to be thrilled and amazed. The car looks perfect 8 months later and it just never seems to get dirty. It's like the dirt just blows off of it. Everybody comments on just how beautiful the finish is. I have only had to do one two-bucket wash since I have owned it due to practically no rain (bummer) and all I do is dust it gently and use a waterless wash. It really is incredible and worth every penny.

He's better than the best. He's OCD!