Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship/order times for HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't care about the signature, you could ask a regular one. Maybe it would go faster ?
I know a lot of people have done that before, and if I really needed it, I would have done that, but I've been fine with my mobile connector hanging on the garage wall for 5 years, so there's no hurry. This signature black one would be a nice cool looking upgrade, so I'm just going to keep waiting. Now it's just morbid curiosity to see how long this is really going to take in the end.

Reactions: darth_vad3r
I know a lot of people have done that before, and if I really needed it, I would have done that, but I've been fine with my mobile connector hanging on the garage wall for 5 years, so there's no hurry. This signature black one would be a nice cool looking upgrade, so I'm just going to keep waiting. Now it's just morbid curiosity to see how long this is really going to take in the end.

Took about 4 months after the person I referred got their car to show in my "loot" box on the phone app. Then after I ordered it, it took about 4 more months to show up on my doorstep. Never got a shipping notice or anything. A big, heavy box from Tesla just appeared.

It looks really cool. But had I known it was going to take so long. I would have just bought one before my car arrived.

i just ordered a Wall charger and was curious how long it has been taking people who recently ordered them to receive this equipment? Tesla website doesn’t really give you details until it ships but no indication when that will be.. thanks in advance!

It was at my door less than 48 hours after I ordered late last year. But Tesla online store shipping times aren't consistent. Getting order status or any sort of communication with them is difficult.

I ordered the silver one about a month ago. Eight days for delivery to the east coast. Shipped from CA, so if you’re closer to the west coast should be faster. Interestingly the order shipped email (which came about 48 hours after the order) did not include a tracking number. I emailed Tesla support and they quickly provided one.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I ordered a black wall connector on May 5. After six days with no communications, I replied to the e-mail confirming my order and asked them if they were out of stock, since I had not received notification of shipment. Response was that they would prioritize my order because of my concern. Two more days passed and I questioned whether my prioritized order was being processed. They said they would request it again. Received Notice of Shipment on May 14, which said I would receive Fedex shipping info within 24-36 hours. When I did not receive that, I asked about it and within five minutes received the Fedex #. Looked it up, Package received by Fedex on May 15, but did not leave from Fedex facility until today. Delivery projected for May 21st. I am glad I was not in a hurry.

I ordered a black wall connector on May 5. After six days with no communications, I replied to the e-mail confirming my order and asked them if they were out of stock, since I had not received notification of shipment. Response was that they would prioritize my order because of my concern. Two more days passed and I questioned whether my prioritized order was being processed. They said they would request it again. Received Notice of Shipment on May 14, which said I would receive Fedex shipping info within 24-36 hours. When I did not receive that, I asked about it and within five minutes received the Fedex #. Looked it up, Package received by Fedex on May 15, but did not leave from Fedex facility until today. Delivery projected for May 21st. I am glad I was not in a hurry.

I live near Tesla (15 miles) and the shipping depot (16 miles) for HPWC. Because of screw ups with Tesla and Fedex it took 4 days to get to me. I got bounced back a forth a couple of time and went a 1/2 mile past my house 3 times!

Another idea: I used one of the Tesla-recommended electricians to install my HPWC, and he stocked the unit, himself. He called me the morning after the night I emailed him, and he had my HPWC on a 60amp breaker wired and mounted by noon of that day. I was at work and never even met him; he texted me the invoice!

Maybe a local installer keeps a few handy.