Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship with 1000 Models 3's are on route...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had never selected trade in but it still has the "title of your trade in vehicle" in the list of things to bring. I think that's just standard blurb.

Agree with the frustration of waiting in darkness! It really shouldn't be difficult to be able to track our vehicles to see where they are. I know mine has left Fremont but no-one knows exactly when. Should get notification when it's loaded onto a ship but I'm not holding my breath. The data of what VIN is where must exist - not sure why it can't be shared with us or local advisors.

Reactions: Roy W.
It’s funny you should pick this out, because that’s one of the things that *did* work for me. I asked for a trade in valuation, it came after 48 hours, was rubbish, but I was then able to select “no vehicle to trade in”. It was a few weeks ago now so I can’t quite remember exactly how I did it! (Senior Moment). I’m currently stuck on “we are preparing your contract...”

“Crazy” is a good summary :)

Interesting. I requested a trade in value. It’s about £2k less than WBAC so I won’t be accepting it. I’ve just left it for now, it says it will expire in 30 days. Not sure if that will impact my order in any way. I can’t see any way of “rejecting” the offer and removing it.

The data of what VIN is where must exist - not sure why it can't be shared with us or local advisors

Might be that they are delaying allocating VINs to orders at the last minute in order to prioritise "early reservation holders", even if they didn't place physical order on 01-May. But it seems that all deliveries through mid-July (at least) have been crystallised and assigned a VIN

But that doesn't explain Model-S/X now seemingly not updating either ... they used to

I think its more likely just poor back office software, which then causes Punters to phone-to-enquire, which ties up Tesla office staff ...

Tesla just called me.

1000 cars are half way across the atlantic. (if you really want to know where they are see this - Vessel details for: GRAND MARK (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9228306, MMSI 355029000, Call Sign H3LL Registered in Panama | AIS Marine Traffic) Of those 1000, 150 are RHD. So 150 lucky people will take delivery at the end of June. They will take in to account:-

1) Place in queue
2) Spec of car
3) Details completed on account page

Closely followed behind this ship is another with 2000 RHD!!! These will go to customers in July. Another 2000 behind that will go to customers in August.

So get your account details completed and pray you chose a mainstream combo (oh - and you ordered 3 years ago:))

You should title this thread “Santa watch!”
It’s like xmas eve!! levels of excitement increasing! Never thought I’d be excited about a car!

• Love
Reactions: Roy W.
I requested a trade-in value of my current car which was quickly provided within a day It gave, if I recollect, the option of 2000 miles per month usage until exchange which, at the time. seemed reasonable as I had envisaged at least a couple of months of usage still and that they had allowed for that in the price. On balance I decided to not take up their offer but keep the old car and sell it within the family when I'm ready. I tried to find the way of rejecting the trade-in offer as they only gave me 24 hours to accept. For the life of me I could not find the way to decline their offer electronically but only accept it, so I phoned Tesla up to and they said to send an email declining their trade-in offer. But the rep said do not do nothing otherwise your (my) delivery status could remain in limbo and delay manufacture and delivery process. Having sent the email in I waited a couple of days and phoned Tesla again to check that they had got my email and the chap said that they had and that everything else was in order and just to wait for an SMS/txt with the next part of the process. That was about 3 weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then only that the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement disappeared - like everyone else's. The "Next Steps" list is ticked down to "payment" with "delivery" unticked. Booking Invoice has no VIN. Exciting stuff !! :)

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner
But you get to sell it with 'recent full service!' which doesn't have 0 value, if only to help it shift faster.

It does for Tesla part exchange. It's an 07 reg BMW 730d. £2650 part exchange. The oil service + MOT will cost £600.

They wont give me more money just because I serviced it.

I suppose I can try to sell it privately, but again, doubt I'd get significantly more and would complicate delivery since I'll need a Taxi to Heathrow which is about £100. Not to mention having time for people having a look and take test drives.

Ironically I'll start repaying the Tesla loan next month as well... This doesn't affect finances in theory, in practice I'm still buying £300 worth of commuting diesel that month.

I should have paid more attention but I just saw a red M3 in Falmouth, Cornwall - 65 miles from the nearest supercharger. Didn't even notice if it was RH drive or had a UK reg. Duh on me. Maybe a visitor from Norway...

Interesting. I requested a trade in value. It’s about £2k less than WBAC so I won’t be accepting it. I’ve just left it for now, it says it will expire in 30 days. Not sure if that will impact my order in any way. I can’t see any way of “rejecting” the offer and removing it.
Same situation (and rubbish offer from them) - it is possible to reject though. I can't see it now I've done it but there's an option of saying no car to trade in - I did this after thinking it wasn't possible to edit!

Same situation (and rubbish offer from them) - it is possible to reject though. I can't see it now I've done it but there's an option of saying no car to trade in - I did this after thinking it wasn't possible to edit!

Thanks. I found the “no car to trade in” option. Net result is that on my order “overview” has now advanced to the drafting contract / delivery stage, probably the same as everyone else who has placed an order thus far. Happy to be in the queue!

Reactions: ediflyer and Roy W.
Tesla have registered about 10,000 M3 VINS in the last 2 weeks and only about 400 were international and probably no RHD. Looks like the end of quarter push is well and truly on so they are only building domestic for the next couple of weeks i.e. cars they can deliver before the end of the quarter.
So for the moment looks like there may still only be about 1300 RDH M3's in existence.
Assuming there will probably be a big push on international as soon as the quarter ends so wouldn't be supprised if a big batch of international inc RHD VINS was registered towards the end of the month or
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but according to 'Model 3 VINs' on twitter 5015 new model 3 VIN's were just created, with a big fat 0% of them heading out of the US.

Model 3 VINs on Twitter

its no surprise 10000 registered in last 2 weeks and almost no international. it is too late now to build any international cars (except maybe Canada) and deliver before the end of the quarter so from now until the end of the month they will be trying to satisfy every single North America order on the books to get the Q2 figures up as high as possible after the fallout from the "disappointing" Q1. This was always going to happen and will probably happen every quarter. If you lived in California and placed an order on June 25th you would probably get your car before July 1st.
As soon as the Q2 pressure is off I am guessing there will be a big push on international including RHD.

• Informative
Reactions: goRt and ediflyer