Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship with 1000 Models 3's are on route...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you own an early M3 and sell it when it is two years old with, say, 20,000 miles on the clock then someone wanting to buy it has very limited choice of 2 years + 20,000 mile cars available. At that point I'm not sure that 69 / 20 plate difference will matter much to the buyer.

Yeah that makes sense.

It's why buying cash is the way to go, i think the depreciation would be a lot lower than people think. I recon battery production will remain the limiting factor over the next 10 years to keep prices high (if not longer). The battery alone is worth a lot, without the car attached.

Tesla logistics will calculate when a car will be ready for delivery. Lots of factors to consider, including final inspection.

Tesla is currently delivering cars at a rate of 1,000 per day. Busy people.

Think you are going to enjoy your new Tesla...Congratulations!

I see the Tesla Carriers Google Sheet is showing a new ship, GMT Astro, is on it's way to San Francisco. ETA 2019-06-18.

If this follows the pattern of the last eight carriers it will be heading to Zebrugge after it loads. The Grand Mark took 4 days to load up so we could find out about the new VIN assignments by the 22nd June.

If it's as fast as the Grand Dahlia it will take 21 days to get to Zebrugge, and if they are as fast at getting the cars to the buyers as the first Heathrow lot they could be ready to pick up 7 days after that. (Although I think that was so short because a) it's a relatively small number of cars compared to the approx 1000 ready to dock, b) they are keen to get the press junket done to boost new sales, so it's more likely to be longer from now on)

So, with a fair tailwind and a lot of luck there could be a bunch of new UK M3 owners by 20th to 27th of July.

But isn't it:

Boat arrives
Cars start coming off
Charge them etc.
Put a handful on a trailer and take the to UK
Rinse & Repeat

So don't they start arriving in UK 7 days after boat lands, and then come in trailer loads of dribs and drabs after that?

Pretty much. But when the 'dribs and drabs' add up to 1000 cars it could take a while, particularly since there are only a handful of delivery destinations.

Pretty sure it only took me 20 minutes to pickup the last car, and most of that was on the phone to the bank authing the switch transaction. Given Tesla is full payment up front they could get through pretty quick?

It's just a tour of the car and how to operate the American style gear selector? Is there much paperwork there at pickup?