Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipped with 2019.35.108, and still no boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2014 pre-AP Model S over the weekend for a AWD Model 3 and absolutely love it. Tesla's come a very long way in relatively short term in regards to build quality.

It seems to have left the factory with pretty old firmware though, and I paid for boost in the app immediately after pickup on Sunday. It's not Friday and "sport" is still not an option under acceleration, and I think that's how you're supposed to tell if its arrived, right? It hasn't yet upgraded the firmware either.

I know from my S that it can feel kinda random and slow on roll outs, but also read there might be a way to goose downloads now. With boost not showing up I have to wonder if there's some sort of issue downloading or installing things.

Any thoughts?

Acceleration boost was rolled out in .40 crop of firmwares so you won't see it on .35. The version you're on has been seen on many newly delivered cars. there are a bunch of posts about it out there. Unfortunately, you'll might be on it for a while as Tesla tends to add new VINs to the update cycle in batches. A few people had luck with asking for an update check via the support chat.

• Love
Reactions: alexucf
If you have any luck getting it upgraded somehow, let me know!

Its not the biggest deal in the world just a little disappointing. It’ll work itself out eventually.

For sure will let you know. I tried all the different hacks folks have mentioned on the forums, but no luck. What I do not get is why would you not put the latest and greatest software before it leaves the factory. Find that strange. Ours is what, 4 revisions back.

Reactions: alexucf
Keep it plugged in and connected to wifi. I attached my updates and it just takes time. The mothership will send some love soon!

Attachments

• 9B41711C-F581-4900-AA8C-469DCF71B7A9.png
    9B41711C-F581-4900-AA8C-469DCF71B7A9.png
    458.8 KB · Views: 68
Update. Yesterday I received a text from my service center that I was on the latest SR for my car, that being 2019.35.108. I had so bmitted a service request the day before btw.
Oddly enough shortly after receiving that text, I got a notification that a Software update was available, 2019.36. It wasn't 2020.8, but at least it was a start.
Today, I received another notification for another upgrade, 2020.8

Update. Yesterday I received a text from my service center that I was on the latest SR for my car, that being 2019.35.108. I had so bmitted a service request the day before btw.
Oddly enough shortly after receiving that text, I got a notification that a Software update was available, 2019.36. It wasn't 2020.8, but at least it was a start.
Today, I received another notification for another upgrade, 2020.8

See! If you just have some patience it’ll work out.

Reactions: meteoro