Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipping cost for Tesla accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla allow free return of such accessories?

I like to defend Tesla, but don't count on having an easy time with returns. I don't suggest purchasing anything from them that you intend to return. Floor mats look expensive from Tesla.

I got these floor mats for free from Model3Part, from their giveaway. They fit well, nothing to complain about.

All-weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017-2020

Personally, I don't by anything except from Amazon Prime after reading reviews. Model3Part website looks nice, and with Paypal its fairly safe.

I think its quite important to advise people not to buy anything from Tesla that they could purchase elsewhere. I just finished a chargeback last November for some winter tires, and they email me "your tires are in the service center, come pick them up".

Last edited:
Appreciate the information, the price looks good. But do they smell Okay? I bought floor mats from third parties before. They look similar but sometimes smell bad.

I like to defend Tesla, but don't count on having an easy time with returns. I don't suggest purchasing anything from them that you intend to return. Floor mats look expensive from Tesla.

I got these floor mats for free from Model3Part, from their giveaway.

All-weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017-2020

Personally, I don't by anything except from Amazon Prime after reading reviews.

I think its quite important to advise people not to buy anything from Tesla that they could purchase elsewhere. I just finished a chargeback last November for some winter tires, and they email me "your tires are in the service center, come pick them up".

Appreciate the information, the price looks good. But do they smell Okay? I bought floor mats from third parties before. They look similar but sometimes smell bad.

I haven't exactly smelled them, and my sense of smell is sometimes weak, but I haven't noticed any odors in the car.

A co-worker had that problem when he bought a wooden monitor stand that was coated in something. Had to put it in the closet for a few days until it aired out.

Regarding returns: I had to return a gen 3 charger. No restocking fee, as I hadn't opened the box, and returned within 60 days. Tesla generated the return shipping label, and I dropped it off at a local FedEx.

Easy return process. Took maybe a day or two after the package was delivered to Tesla, for my refund to hit my credit card.

Net cost $0.

Ok, so no 'return shipping fee'? Their website mentions that there is a cost for returns that is taken off the credit. I'm asking because I just bought a tire repair kit, and literally like 2 days after buying it, the price dropped 44$. It feels wasteful, but I'm planning on returning and re-purchasing. I reached out to Tesla for a credit to save all the silliness, but they said they don't do that... was expecting to pay something for the shipping, but this makes me even more likely to do the return/repurchase. Even if shipping costs the same as the price difference, it's the principle that bugs me: if you've dramatically dropped the price of something within the return window, why would you not just credit the difference?

Ok, so no 'return shipping fee'? Their website mentions that there is a cost for returns that is taken off the credit. I'm asking because I just bought a tire repair kit, and literally like 2 days after buying it, the price dropped 44$. It feels wasteful, but I'm planning on returning and re-purchasing. I reached out to Tesla for a credit to save all the silliness, but they said they don't do that... was expecting to pay something for the shipping, but this makes me even more likely to do the return/repurchase. Even if shipping costs the same as the price difference, it's the principle that bugs me: if you've dramatically dropped the price of something within the return window, why would you not just credit the difference?
I just bought the tire repair kit. It was $60 when I bought it, and I just checked that the price is still the same. Was it $104 before?