TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ships arriving Auckland NZ

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Taranaki3, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Taranaki3

Taranaki3 New Member

Just joined the forum and wanted to post this.

Looking at the ships arriving in Auckland during August reveals that there are 18 vehicle carriers due in. The most promising for carrying Teslas is the Trans Future 6. This vessel arrived yesterday, 31 July at 12:55 and is docked at Jellicoe West wharf.

Its previous ports of call were:
    Melbourne 26 July
    Port Kembla 24 July
    Brisbane 22 July
    Yokohama 12 July
    I cannot find where it was before Yokohama.

Its next port of call after Auckland is Lyttelton.

The route looks logical to me for the delivery of RHD Teslas to the various local distribution areas in Japan, Australia and NZ.

I cannot find a webcam that points to Jellico wharf so if anyone is in Auckland who can check out what’s on the wharf that would be useful. The Trans Future 6 departs Auckland sometime on 2 August.

If it is the right ship then hopefully my P3D is on board along with those for the rest of you anxiously waiting.

Mike

• Informative x 1
  2. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

• Like x 1
  3. Taranaki3

Taranaki3 New Member

Thanks for that, yes you are correct.
    I used vesselfinder.com but it only showed previous 5 port calls.
    I will use myshiptracking.com that you linked for the other 17 vehicle carriers due in to Auckland during August.
    Sorry for the false alarm guys.

4. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

How long did it take following your order to get a VIN confirmed, or does that happen after the car arrives in country?

5. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

There are only 2 possibilities for ships
    1. Vehicle carrier from San Francisco pier 80 - None have been for AU or NZ yet. This is the dedicated Tesla loading facility
    2. Container ships. Every Tesla has been transported this way so far. They leave from Oakland weekly. 4 per container.
    The 3 Demo/Press Model 3s spotted in Auckland came this way.

Here is the tracking spreadsheet Public - Google Drive

#Model3NZ on Twitter is becoming good to track also, and has some photos of what has been spotted so far

6. CAM3RON

CAM3RON Member

I went by the assumption the boats with the Model 3s on them are coming direct from California.

I have been checking this site:
    POAL - Expected Arrivals

It has shown boats from Long Beach California coming to Auckland then onto Sydney on:
    5th August
    12th August
    19th August
    26th August

7. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

The route is typically Oakland, Seattle Vancouver, Long Beach, Auckland. You are right on the dates. The cars are shared with general cargo. 4 cars per 40ft container.