Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shocking Steering Vibration.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had very bad vibration on my m3p when I collected it 2 Decembers ago. My hands would be buzzing after driving. Like white finger. It went back to tesla twice, for 1 week at a time for thorough diagnostics. They acknowledged the vibration, but when they couldn't fix it, they eventually told me its as per design. I was in the process of handing the car back with the finance company when I decided to have one last shot at resolving it. I took it to my local wheel shop. Skidz, in Falkirk whom were very quick to tell me they just hadn't balanced the wheels right. They countered balanced them and added twice as much weight to that of the service report. I measured their crappy weight tapes when I got home, that's how I know
Anyway, Skidz fixed it. Problem gone. Moral of the story, Tesla can't balance wheels for toffee.

• Informative
Reactions: Rooster6655
I had very bad vibration on my m3p when I collected it 2 Decembers ago. My hands would be buzzing after driving. Like white finger. It went back to tesla twice, for 1 week at a time for thorough diagnostics. They acknowledged the vibration, but when they couldn't fix it, they eventually told me its as per design. I was in the process of handing the car back with the finance company when I decided to have one last shot at resolving it. I took it to my local wheel shop. Skidz, in Falkirk whom were very quick to tell me they just hadn't balanced the wheels right. They countered balanced them and added twice as much weight to that of the service report. I measured their crappy weight tapes when I got home, that's how I know
Anyway, Skidz fixed it. Problem gone. Moral of the story, Tesla can't balance wheels for toffee.
Have had this in the past, especially with certain tyre brands who are no longer prevalent.

If I were OP I would push this direction too. Wheels and/or tyres are most likely culprit.

I bought a 3 Yr old Model S 3 years ago direct from Tesla.

Driving it away, the steering wheel vibrated horrendously above about 60mph.

Several Service Centre visits later they did fix it, something to do with airflow under the front. Been perfect ever since, so I do hope you get yours fixed.