TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

shop.tesla.com updated for Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ccutrer, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

I can't find an existing thread for this, but it appears shop.tesla.com recently got a facelift. I ordered my wall connectors a few days ago, and it was still the old site. Tonight it's different, and has a Model 3 section. @K-MTG it even has a sunshade: Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

• Funny x 1
  2. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

I find it interesting that the wall connector is now labeled "Model S/X/3 Wall Connector", but the mobile connector bundle and the fixed 14-50 only connector are labeled "Model S/X". I wonder if the included connector for the 3 isn't as high of power, maybe? There shouldn't be any reason that existing mobile connectors won't work with a 3.

3. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

This video from Steve Jurvetson () says "new Model 3 UMC", but it sure looks like the standard S/X 14-50-only corded connector to me.

4. Troy

Troy Active Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Hi. Apparently, the Model 3 Mobile Connector is the 2.0 version. The first message here says Mobile Charger 2.0 (more efficient, lighter and longer). I don't know if this was mentioned before in the forum.

• Informative x 3
  5. DrivingRockies

I haven't seen anything on a new wall connector. Has anyone else? Was going to get one ordered/installed on the other side of the garage from the X ahead of time...

6. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

No, and I'm not expecting a new one. As of this update to the store, the already existing wall connector is now listed as being S/X/3 compatible.

7. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

A bit too pricey ($300-$350) for me, but there are now official indoor and outdoor car covers for the Model 3:
    Model 3 Car Cover

For the indoor version it's not a problem, but for the outdoor cover I'm not sure I want the name TESLA boldly emblazoned on the back of it to draw undesired attention to my car while it's parked and unattended outdoors.

Looking forward to more Model 3 products being added to the store.

• Informative x 1
  8. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Noticed a couple of days ago that the on-line Tesla merchandise store now lists the tire repair kit in the Model 3 catalog as well: Model S/X/3 Tire Repair Kit

Not sure why it took so long for them to include this since it's not model specific.

9. Gtosnipey

Gtosnipey Member

All I want is the $25 cable/wall organizer but its been sold out forever! They had it on for a day and I missed it, now back to sold out. Also it only lists under the Model S shop.

Model S/X Cable Organizer

10. Stu Redman

Stu Redman Member

I ordered a wall connector for my future M3 about 10 days ago. They charged my card immediately but no word from them yet that it has shipped. Is this a usual delay for them?

11. DrivingRockies

Yes. In my experience.

12. kaffine

kaffine Member

I ordered one recently, never got a shipment notification it just showed up. It took about a week however I live Las Vegas so it didn't have far to go.

13. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  14. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

"precisely made using the latest in digital laser measurements" but they won't tell you the sizes :).

Please: can or can I not I get four golf bags in that trunk without taking out the drivers?

• Funny x 3
  15. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yes, but only with the Tesla Model 3 golf bags... coming soon to shop.tesla.com. :)

• Funny x 4
  16. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

You won't need drivers when we have FSD

• Funny x 11
  17. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Glad the mats are out...took over a year to get them for the X

18. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

I can understand an all weather trunk, but what are people putting in their frunk?

19. sooner

sooner Member

The mafia likes the ability to transport two to sleep with the fishes.

• Funny x 3
  20. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I plan on using the frunk for quick grocery store trips. Should be much easier to clean up an accidental spill of a leaky container with the frunk cargo mat.

• Like x 1