Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

shop.tesla.com updated for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on what it is wouldn't take out slide all over the place in the frunk? Seems like it would be more stable in the hidden well in the trunk.

I'll probably use the frunk (with the liner) for running shoes and camping stuff that stays in the car all the time. Should be just about the perfect size.

What someone needs to create is an insulated liner for that hidden well so you can keep ice and drinks in ti!!

This is what I wish would be offered on the Model 3. Of course, it will probably appear first on the S or X, but would solve the problem of excessive heat in the cabin. Does anyone know if there will be any kind of active cooling system when the vehicle is parked?
I'm sure the overheat protection will be part of the software just like the S and X. I'm sure you could use the app as well to precondition (cool or heat) before hand.

As far as the electrochromic glass, I think that is still cost-prohibitive. If it ever got chipped or cracked and would need to be replaced, that is extra cost as well. Tinted glass or adding tinting film to regular glass seems less costly and eliminates the worries if something ever broke or malfunctioned. I'm sure it will be more prevalent as cost comes down but will be quite some time before it is in more mainstream applications.

I'm sure the overheat protection will be part of the software just like the S and X. I'm sure you could use the app as well to precondition (cool or heat) before hand.

As far as the electrochromic glass, I think that is still cost-prohibitive. If it ever got chipped or cracked and would need to be replaced, that is extra cost as well. Tinted glass or adding tinting film to regular glass seems less costly and eliminates the worries if something ever broke or malfunctioned. I'm sure it will be more prevalent as cost comes down but will be quite some time before it is in more mainstream applications.

Yeah. Hadn't considered replacement cost. Would be pretty expensive right now. I'm sure in time, as the technology gets more commoditized and higher-volume, costs will come down.

Depending on what it is wouldn't take out slide all over the place in the frunk? Seems like it would be more stable in the hidden well in the trunk.
I'd like to see a cargo net for the trunk to keep grocery bags from tipping over and smaller items from sliding all over the place. Other than the one for the "microwave" cubby in the old Model S frunk, I don't recall that Tesla ever offered a cargo net, so I'm not very optimistic that there'll be one for the 3. Hopefully, there are some anchor points that may be used for any third-party offerings.

I'd like to see a cargo net for the trunk to keep grocery bags from tipping over and smaller items from sliding all over the place. Other than the one for the "microwave" cubby in the old Model S frunk, I don't recall that Tesla ever offered a cargo net, so I'm not very optimistic that there'll be one for the 3. Hopefully, there are some anchor points that may be used for any third-party offerings.

I would think EV Annex or WeatherTech or someone will come up with one.

Several items in the Tesla store such as the wall connector support all 3 Tesla models. However the cable organizer only includes the S&X.
Anyone know why?

Cable Organizer.PNG

Several items in the Tesla store such as the wall connector support all 3 Tesla models. However the cable organizer only includes the S&X.
Anyone know why?

View attachment 255040

This is an integral part of Elon’s Model 3 anti-sell strategy. If you want a Tesla cable organizer, you’ll first have to buy a Model S or X.

Anyone know why?
View attachment 255040

Tesla has now added support for the Model 3 in the cable organizer description. And I thought Tesla didn't follow my posts:). Anyone have any experience using it or suggestions for other cable organizers?
Cable Organizer2.PNG

The charging cable for the 3 is the same as the cable for the S/X. Therefore, the “cable organizer” is compatible with all three Tesla vehicle models. Really.
Anyone know why?

View attachment 255040