Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short 3Ph Type 2 charging cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone
Wondering if I could tap into the collective knowledge: I'm trying to buy a 2m long type 2 charging cable capable of 22kW charging.
There are multiple websites that sell cables but they always seem to be 5m or longer.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells 2m charging cables?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hello everyone
Wondering if I could tap into the collective knowledge: I'm trying to buy a 2m long type 2 charging cable capable of 22kW charging.
There are multiple websites that sell cables but they always seem to be 5m or longer.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells 2m charging cables?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
you could try these?

Charging cables for Tesla electric vehicles

EV charge king stock them in 2m length, complete with the Tesla button: Charging cable with Tesla command button - evChargeking

They also use a very nice type of cable, that's the best I've seen, as robust as the Tesla cable, but thinner and easier to handle. It doesn't kink at all, either, as it's quite stiff.

Very comprehensive description and spec given on the site ... excellent. Seems surprising that even Tesla doesn't supply their Type 2 to Type 2 with the magic button.

Very comprehensive description and spec given on the site ... excellent. Seems surprising that even Tesla doesn't supply their Type 2 to Type 2 with the magic button.

I've been really impressed with the quality of their stuff, so much so that I've recently ordered some more of their really good quality cable to make up a lead for the new charge point I'm putting together for my wife's new car (when she's made up her mind about it). I like the fact that the cable is European made, particularly since I had a problem with a Chinese made Rolec cable, where the cores all twisted up like knots inside the outer sheath.

Reactions: Adopado
I'd also love a nice short cable for home charging....but my god they are so expensive!

A fair bit of the price is the connectors at either end, they are usually around £70 to £80 each on their own. Even the cheapest Chinese made connectors are usually around £60 each. The Tesla button adds a bit to the price, too, a plain cable without that is around £30 cheaper.

A fair bit of the price is the connectors at either end, they are usually around £70 to £80 each on their own. Even the cheapest Chinese made connectors are usually around £60 each. The Tesla button adds a bit to the price, too, a plain cable without that is around £30 cheaper.

The labour/assembly cost for the two ends is a constant as well. It doesn't matter whether the cable is 2m or 10m long.

The labour/assembly cost for the two ends is a constant as well. It doesn't matter whether the cable is 2m or 10m long.

Good point. It takes about ten minutes to disassemble the connector, strip the cable, crimp the terminals, fit the PP current setting resistor and reassemble the connector, so roughly 20 minutes labour per double ended cable.

EV charge king stock them in 2m length, complete with the Tesla button: Charging cable with Tesla command button - evChargeking

The cable sounds great but the company seem to be a bit iffy... No address, phone number etc on their webpage...

They also use a very nice type of cable, that's the best I've seen, as robust as the Tesla cable, but thinner and easier to handle. It doesn't kink at all, either, as it's quite stiff.