Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Short and Distort" attacks against Tesla Motors are common and continuous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good products and earnings reports

And exceeding "projected number" of delivered Units that have been published (actually those are estimates), not real numbers.
If numbers produced each quarter exceed previous quarter, the winning (performance) track record becomes evident to more folks.

As various things are sorted out and efficiencies are realized, more product is built in less time.
Less waiting time for product gets more cars on the road.
More people see them, gain interest, are given test rides, and drives.
And the Cycle continues to grow.
I Love that the car is continuing to evolve to the next level with features (specifically for EU market).

Specifically, THOSE newer features will trickle into the US market, and what was once a whisper becomes a mature voice worth listening too.

And exceeding "projected number" of delivered Units that have been published (actually those are estimates), not real numbers.

And even that might not be enough. I am quite a newbie when it comes to trading stocks, I just started. I thought i can outsmart the "sheep" as i follow Tesla and Nokia closely and i know a lot about the companies and the products.

So NOK announced their Q2 results yesterday. They sold 4 million Lumia smartphones in Q4, 5.4m in Q1, and projected 7m for Q2. However they managed to over perform and sell 7.4m instead. On top of that they made 3x the non-IFRS profit they expected and IFRS loss is 1/7 of what it was a year ago. Great, stock should go up, right? Well guess what? "Analysts" have been expecting 8m units sold so they started beating down the stock saying "it did not meet analyst expectations". Then, magically, by the end of the day it regained all of its loss.

Now, i am not a conspiracy theorist, but when all smartphone sales data throughout the quarter from Samsung to Apple shows a decline in growth (not sales!) vs what those companies expected, why would analyst expect more Lumia sales than the company itself??? My guess is, someone made a lot of money on setting Nokia up to fail even if they over deliver. Than the also bought all the stocks at lower prices the same day.

I see a similar trend with Tesla. Analysts and investment companies with analysts playing their own little games, sending the stock down for a day or two, shorting it then buying in cheap. In both cases, for both companies, the stock movements are completely unrelated to actual performance.

The best strategy here is a strict buy and hold strategy, keeping your costs low and avoiding frequent taxing of your profits. Except for the extremely narrow case where Tesla would be prevented from raising capital due to unfounded rumors, short-term fluctuations or even outright stock price manipulation will at worst have no effect and at best allow you to buy more stock at depresed prices.

Don't worry about it and carry on as usual. As Tesla grows, the stock price will eventually converge on whatever the correct market value happens to be.

The best strategy here is a strict buy and hold strategy, keeping your costs low and avoiding frequent taxing of your profits.

This!

Short-term fluctuations or even outright stock price manipulation will at worst have no effect and at best allow you to buy more stock at depresed prices.

Agree. I used the fantastic opportunities in the past days to add to my portfolio.

The best strategy here is a strict buy and hold strategy, keeping your costs low and avoiding frequent taxing of your profits. Except for the extremely narrow case where Tesla would be prevented from raising capital due to unfounded rumors, short-term fluctuations or even outright stock price manipulation will at worst have no effect and at best allow you to buy more stock at depresed prices.

Those of us using tax-deferred funds for investing can profit from the manipulations even as we maintain generally long positions.