Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short and sweet J-1772 to Roadster adapter - lockable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the new black anodized J-1772 adapter from hcsharp and it looks great. The picture doesn't do it justice. Also just picked up one of Eric's mesh tops, looks like I'm now set for summer road trips!:cool:

Attachments

• J1772.JPG
    J1772.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 526
Gary, you are missing the OVMS and the Elemental Shower Cap !
I often park my car with the Mesh Top (I agree it is fantastic) and put the Elemental right over it in case of rain, and to keep dust out of the cockpit while parked... its easier than putting the ragtop on again.

Adapter is next purchase.

I wonder if my S will have an adapter to Roadster connector so I do not have to change my HWC - Mr. Sharp maybe this is your next project?

Thanks everybody who bought one! And thanks for your patience if you are on my back-order list or had to wait.
Some of you may have noticed the new ones are slightly improved - black anodized and the corners rounded off of the square part so it fits better in a soft case. The machine shop owner urged me to make them that way right from the start and kudos to Jory for doing it before I got around to it. The new version is $695 including shipping. I'll keep making the old ones for a while as well, and will keep those priced at $595 plus shipping.

Anybody who bought the original plain brushed aluminum with square corners is welcome to upgrade to the new black anodized version for the difference in price of $100. Send me a PM.

Thanks again,
Henry

AdapterWRedStripeLocked.JPG

I got mine on Friday, can't wait to try it out tomorrow (I bike in on Mondays and Thursdays). The red indicator line looks really sharp.

Anybody have hints on how they keep it from rolling around in the trunk? I was thinking velcro to the side of the bin.

I have my adapter, a mesh top from Eric, and an OVMS (watching my son drive the car around SF). And I'm not a techy guy, so how did I get into all this?

So the secret to keeping the adapter from rolling around the truck is to put it in a camera lens case and lower it vertically between the seats. It will drop to the bottom, but you can pull it back up with the cord that closes the lens case. Keeping it there means you don't have to pop open the trunk to get it each time you want to charge--which I find nice on a trip with the trunk jammed so full that I don't want to open the trunk any more that I have to.