Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-circuit one-week order confirmation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered yesterday!

Over at Tesla's forums someone mentioned that it was possible to "manually" confirm a Pending order rather than waiting for the automatic confirmation which currently takes a week from paying the deposit. But how to do that wasn't mentioned. Anybody know if it's currently possible, and if so, how?

I think it changed. I had a week, there was no button to press. This was a couple months ago, though I heard if I called and asked they would skip the week. Lately I've heard they no longer do that.

With as many posts as there are here on TMC from people wanting to make *one more change* to their order AFTER it was comfirmed, it may be prudent to just use this week to mull over the order and see if there really are changes you want to make.

With as many posts as there are here on TMC from people wanting to make *one more change* to their order AFTER it was comfirmed, it may be prudent to just use this week to mull over the order and see if there really are changes you want to make.
I can think of two motivations for Tesla for this delay:

(1) To provide an opportunity for the customer to act on regret and cancel the order;

(2) To provide an opportunity for the customer to change the ordered configuration. In this case I'd bet that a vast majority of such changes are to add options and to thus increase the cost of the car.

I think (2) is more likely, but I have no evidence.

In my case, there is a high probability that this "feature" will serve only to delay confirmation by a week. I'm currently two days into the week.

I can think of two motivations for Tesla for this delay:

(1) To provide an opportunity for the customer to act on regret and cancel the order;

(2) To provide an opportunity for the customer to change the ordered configuration. In this case I'd bet that a vast majority of such changes are to add options and to thus increase the cost of the car.

I think (2) is more likely, but I have no evidence.

In my case, there is a high probability that this "feature" will serve only to delay confirmation by a week. I'm currently two days into the week.

It was (2) in my case... i made some changes and added some options during the one week period. I wonder how many people do the same?

One option - order 7 days earlier.

I've read the forums for a while and have seen so many people talking about changes weeks after doing the initial order and I am thinking that Telsa got sick of the US ordering crowd constantly asking for late-period changes and are forcing the 7-day window. In Europe, they do not have this window and many people in July appear to be able to still do a confirmation early, either same day as order or a couple days later.

When was this? One store manager told me that was no longer possible. However in retrospect I'm not sure whether he was saying the customer used to have a "Confirm" button but no longer does, or that he no longer could do it.
9 April. I didn't have a confirm button, but sales was able to do it for me.