Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SHORT-LIVED THREAD: Your best SP Guess After TSLA's "Big Week"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EinSV

Feb 6, 2016
NorCal
Tesla and its shareholders have a big week coming up. A much anticipated earnings report, solar roof unveil and a discussion of merged TSLA/SCTY financials. So far, the market has brushed off a beat on Q3 deliveries, AP2 reveal and other seemingly good news. Will this pattern continue? Will the SP break-out? Or will Tesla disappoint and the SP head south?

Let's use close of market November 2 (the day after the TSLA/SCTY financial discussion) as the benchmark.

In the spirit of @AudubonB's recent "Best Guess on Q3 Deliveries" thread, please just provide your best number (no ranges). If you must, a very short explanation. Discussion can take place in other threads. I'll ask the Mods to shut it down shortly after November 2.

Can TMC match its dazzling performance guessing Q3 deliveries? Let's find out.

Contest closes at 4:00 pm ET tomorrow (10/26). If you make a guess, you can update it once before the 4:00 pm ET deadline.

To get the ball rolling, my guesstimate is $211.50. A nice bump up but nothing crazy.

Last edited:
I will stretch the big week until Nov 2nd. By then, I expect stock price to be around $260. After, the merger vote on Nov 17th and the general elections behind us, expect the stock price soar to near $300.

Yes, using close of market Nov. 2 as the end of the "Big Week" (technically a week plus one day) to give the market a chance to react to the Nov. 1 event.

This should have been a survey with $5 buckets...

I thought about that but expected a pretty broad range of guesses so thought it would look pretty messy (we already are at a $50 spread and could be $100 by the time we are done). So I decided to structure it along the lines of the Q3 deliveries thread.

Last edited:
$252.95
if TSLA goes up after ER and following events it will not be a tepid move, it will move at least 20% to 25 % or so within next 5 trading days which gives me SP of between $242.80 and $ 252.95
of course, nobody has a clue, all guesses, however if optimism were to return suddenly in the next week as i suspect, along with short fueled rally then we may have a wild stock on our hands with +20 to 25% move easy within a week
we'll see. i'll take anything since my cost basis is 225 or so