Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short/long stay airport parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from 5 days in Ireland, left sentry on from Mon 0630 at 86% and got back Friday at 0730 with 55% showing. I think that was more than reasonable to be honest.
30% in 5 days. That’s a lot! I left my M3 at an airport for 2 weeks last September without sentry mode and I recon it was around 1% loss a day. It was a multi story so not cold. Wonder if the temperature affects power drain?

Are you sure the HV battery is disconnected? If it IS then presumably the 12v won't be kept charged, which could be a bit of an issue if it hasn't the oomph to make the contactor on return?
Yes the HV battery is disconnected whenever the car is asleep. When you return to the car, or if you wake it via the app when you're standing next to it, you'll hear a "clunk" sound as the contactors close.

30% in 5 days. That’s a lot! I left my M3 at an airport for 2 weeks last September without sentry mode and I recon it was around 1% loss a day. It was a multi story so not cold. Wonder if the temperature affects power drain?
its also normal if awake. When awake e.g sentry car will use 200-300wh/h so in a day that is between 4800-7200 wh which, dependant on your battery size, could be between 5-14% of the battery a day. asleep it will be <1% possibly a lot less

There have been so many horror stories about airport parking, mostly the 'meet and greet' types, that I'd steer well clear. Prebook a taxi or airport transfer rather than risk your car being parked 40 miles away in a field stuffed full of other vehicles or even used as a taxi/joyride car.