Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Atlas technologies make for TSLA? Please don't say machinery, haha.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowa...ote-sues-atlas-technologies/?mod=yahoobarrons

"Atlas Technologies is your ‘go to’ for production needs…increased efficiency…automation… We have a solution, just ask! Atlas has thousands of unique and standard proven solutions provided to many customers for over 40 years. Within our walls, we DESIGN – FABRICATE – MACHINE – BUILD – PIPE – WIRE – RUN-OFF following with complete integration and installation capabilities. We do it all ‘in house’."

Atlas Technologies

Arghh, I was just thinking that. Changing all my stock to options when it was 110 and then switching back to stock after Q2 earnings. But all my holdings are in a regular account so I would need to pay crazy taxes. If they were in a tax-deferred account, I could have added a lot of overall shares. As it stands, I'm glad I got in with Jan15 leaps while it was low, but had to use margin as all my cash is already in.

I don't know why we don't have an option of being able to opt into mark-to-market accounting treatment for designated personal accounts. It will significantly simplify the tax code and then you don't have to worry about decisions like this.

I think that this bloodbath on Tuesday will turn out to be the greatest thing that could have happened to TSLA. It weeded out all of the weak long positions and got a lot more shorts into the stock. I would expect short interest to have increased because of this. It also gave some believers a chance to buy in at a cheaper price.

Tesla will beat estimates, but more importantly it will raise guidance for the rest of the year. I expect something around $1/share EPS on an adjusted basis for FY2013. Look for new guidance of 23,000 - 24,000 vehicles delivered in 2013.

Last edited:
I just try not to look on weeks like this week. It's easier that way.

View attachment 25887

From reading the past 2 days worth of posts, I know some or many people are freaked out.

However I say to those folks that short term big jumps and big dips are to be expected for any relatively new company. In a few years its likely that nobody will see the past 2 trading sessions as significant.

Invest, don't speculate. If you believe in TSLA for the long haul, a days ups or downs based on no solid info is meaningless.

I think that this bloodbath on Tuesday will turn out to be the greatest thing that could have happened to TSLA. It weeded out all of the weak long positions and got a long more shorts into the stock. I would expect short interest to have increased because of this. It also gave some believers a chance to buy in at a cheaper price.

Tesla will beat estimates, but more importantly it will raise guidance for the rest of the year. I expect something around $1/share EPS on an adjusted basis for FY2013. Look for new guidance of 23,000 - 24,000 vehicles delivered in 2013.

I think these market manipulations scare a lot of would be long-term high-quality investors and they cash out. My brother and some friends who are new to investing were panicking on yesterday's 15% plunge (I was worried myself). Common this kinda market manipulation ought to be investigated by the SEC -quality companies like Tesla will loose out on many high-quality individual investors on THAT much volatility...

From reading the past 2 days worth of posts, I know some or many people are freaked out.

However I say to those folks that short term big jumps and big dips are to be expected for any relatively new company. In a few years its likely that nobody will see the past 2 trading sessions as significant.

Invest, don't speculate. If you believe in TSLA for the long haul, a days ups or downs based on no solid info is meaningless.

yeah, past couple months, I really try to just look at the price as over $90... as in that exhilarating couple of weeks in May wasn't just traders, it was the market as a whole seeing the potential we've seen in this company.

Totally get people discussing moves like yesterday and today, but I think the real short-term price move on this stock is it's tripling from last fall has held based on market re-evaluating the company.

I think the problem with some people's account is that if your portfolio are 90%+ on TSLA and if you are using margin or heavily on options, then Tuesday is a day to sink your around by more than 20%. That certainly will get people scared, it is no longer just invest and not speculate mentality, you would have to worry about account not get wiped out or lose all the gains.

I think the problem with some people's account is that if your portfolio are 90%+ on TSLA and if you are using margin or heavily on options, then Tuesday is a day to sink your around by more than 20%. That certainly will get people scared, it is no longer just invest and not speculate mentality, you would have to worry about account not get wiped out or lose all the gains.

I'll point out the obvious: If a person has a low risk tolerance, then to do what you have described is foolish beyond description. And ... if someone has a low risk tolerance, then they wouldn't have invested 90% of their portfolio in a volatile stock.

I think these market manipulations scare a lot of would be long-term high-quality investors and they cash out. My brother and some friends who are new to investing were panicking on yesterday's 15% plunge (I was worried myself). Common this kinda market manipulation ought to be investigated by the SEC -quality companies like Tesla will loose out on many high-quality individual investors on THAT much volatility...

You just gave a couple of good examples of the "weak long positions" that I was talking about. In my dictionary "new to investing" is not synonymous with "high-quality investors," but rather with "weak long positions."

I'll point out the obvious: If a person has a low risk tolerance, then to do what you have described is foolish beyond description. And ... if someone has a low risk tolerance, then they wouldn't have invested 90% of their portfolio in a volatile stock.

Depend on person but someone said you don't have to invest in 10 companies to make your portfolio look diverse but focus on one sector can yield great results... again stock market makes intelligent foolish sometime...:cool:

I totally didn't think about, until now, the poison test aspect of sharing.

I totally did not think about this aspect either, until I read this post! C'mon, my point was that Tesla enthusiast should not be concerned about the wine if it was shared with the one who presented it.

There is no question in my mind that the reasons Elon shared the wine are the same reasons for which he shared his time with the room full of Teslive participants: passion for the common cause and genuine kindness.

I do not think that your sarcasm is appropriate.

while not news here given Elon's talk this weekend, nice to see this short piece on Bloomberg where manufacturing VP Gilbert Passin clearly states the factory is up to 500 cars a week (20 seconds in). Some nice factory footage too.

Inside Tesla: A Massive Factory Pumping Out Model S: Video - Bloomberg

- - - Updated - - -

I did a quick search on TMC and did not find any commentary on this...could have easily missed it. What do you think this news might do to the stock? Why Tesla Launched Battery Swapping; Is It Now In Danger?

Interesting Palmer. Perhaps some Seeking Alpha article or something like that will try to use this as FUD, but I don't see it affecting the stock. Voelker raises a fair question (if rules are changed and battery swap doesn't increase ZEV revenue will Tesla drop it), but unlike him, my gut is no, they won't drop it. I also disagree with Voelker's interpretation of the Tesla spokesperson's comments as "avoiding an answer"... I think stating "Tesla's battery swapping is to provide consumers with a choice." suggests Tesla's plan is not contingent on the ZEV rules rewarding a battery swap network.

I did a quick search on TMC and did not find any commentary on this...could have easily missed it. What do you think this news might do to the stock? Why Tesla Launched Battery Swapping; Is It Now In Danger?

Tesla was modelling in $0 for ZEV credits in Q4 anyway. The guy who wrote the article is completely wrong if he thinks that this will affect Tesla's decision to roll out battery swapping. It has nothing to do with ZEV credits, since Tesla is/will be earning more credits than it can sell. They will never have a shortage of ZEV credits again.

Status
Not open for further replies.