Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to see a close above $180 today. Hopefully strong into the last hour, not just stalling out.
My portfolio is almost back to where it was when we were at $194, and I didn't even play the down turn well. I kept a lot of my calls throughout the turn and also still have a decent chunk of cash for more buying so I didn't fully invest. Amazing to see that it's back even though the stock is still $18 off its highs.

My portfolio is almost back to where it was when we were at $194, and I didn't even play the down turn well. I kept a lot of my calls throughout the turn and also still have a decent chunk of cash for more buying so I didn't fully invest. Amazing to see that it's back even though the stock is still $18 off its highs.

Wow that is quite an accomplishment. That is also my goal as well, outperforming the stock itself. I did quite a few times in the past but not this time as it caught me in the wrong situation, very rare circumstance.

I was basically putting out fire the last two days, once it started 3 days ago.... :eek:

I'm whole already. Just barely.

As you prob all know, I don't do anything but stocks (can't put the time in for anything else), but I sold the TSLA in my retirement account promptly on the video at $184 and left the TSLA in my investment account untouched (too much immediate tax consequences). I bought back in on the retirement account this morning on a limit order for an increased TSLA position at $173. And the solar stock has been doing well.

Whew.

Wow that is quite an accomplishment. That is also my goal as well, outperforming the stock itself. I did quite a few times in the past but not this time as it caught me in the wrong situation, very rare circumstance.

I was basically putting out fire the last two days, once it started 3 days ago.... :eek:
Haha thanks, I'm still a learner though (amazing that there is more to learn even though I have been trading for 7-8 years).
I think the difference in our portfolio sizes makes a big difference on the difficulty of being able to out perform the stock.
thanks for the great input btw :) I wish I had more time to contribute thoughts, you actually end up learning a lot and helping others in the process.

I also believe that some people (my brother/several of his friends) represent many people that were waiting for any 10% pullback to buy in. They are buying in now and again we have more buyers than sellers.

Nice going Bonnie. I did just about the same thing. IRA money sold after Sleepy/CO comments of basically 'oh s**t' when the video hit and bought back in heavily yesterday.

I'd imagine an Elon post will go something like this:...

I thought this was pretty good (except for the use of the word "fireball") :)

Andrewt3000
...by most accounts there have only been "dozens" of accidents
I can tell you that the Tesla approved bodyshops are FULL of Teslas Even when the car was only a couple of months old the local shop here in LA had dozens of Model S'. It's stunning to think there are that many accidents with a specific car but since there are only a few recommended shops that work on Teslas it's easier to track damaged cars since they are not going to Earl Shieb's and the like all over the country.

"Dozens" is a severe understatement.

I'm whole already. Just barely.

As you prob all know, I don't do anything but stocks (can't put the time in for anything else), but I sold the TSLA in my retirement account promptly on the video at $184 and left the TSLA in my investment account untouched (too much immediate tax consequences). I bought back in on the retirement account this morning on a limit order for an increased TSLA position at $173. And the solar stock has been doing well.

Whew.

Look at you make a short term trade, Bonnie. I'm so proud! =P

Just sailed through my pre-fire portfolio value. And I also didn't play it as i would have liked....I was in a very tight spot with margin and trading permissions.... some air after two days of total apnea.

How stupid is this:

Top Tickers Trending

$TSLA: Tesla (TSLA) rallied 2.4%, but the stock is poised for a significant weekly decline following the circulation of the video. However, analysts have generally maintained their upbeat outlook on the electric-car maker. "Although this incident will likely weigh on near-term sentiment, we do not expect this to derail near-term Model S orders and delivery momentum,"
Craig Irwin at Wedbush wrote in a note on Thursday.

$TWTR: Twitter Inc., the microblogging company that allows users to enjoy their 15 seconds of fame in 140 characters, filed for an initial public offering on Thursday, setting the stage for the most watched tech IPO since Facebook Inc. (FB) went public in 2012. Twitter is looking to raise up to $1 billion via the stock offering.

Meanwhile, Tweeter Home Entertainment Group Inc. (TWTRQ) is benefiting from a case of mistaken identity with the stock up 505% in recent trade as some investors bid on the stock, believing they are buying a stake in Twitter.

tweeter.jpg

Wow still at 500% high, 1500% at the peak!!!
Go short it, guys!

Last edited:
Since it appears the price is stabilizing (rising!) is it still important that Elon comes out with a statement asap or do you think it would be better to really get a good evaluation/understanding of the issue(s) involved with the firs and come out with a comprehensive/definitive review. I tend to want to wait for a detailed/last word explanation not something that answers 'what we know now' before a complete analysis.

How stupid is this:

Top Tickers Trending

$TSLA: Tesla (TSLA) rallied 2.4%, but the stock is poised for a significant weekly decline following the circulation of the video. However, analysts have generally maintained their upbeat outlook on the electric-car maker. "Although this incident will likely weigh on near-term sentiment, we do not expect this to derail near-term Model S orders and delivery momentum,"
Craig Irwin at Wedbush wrote in a note on Thursday.

$TWTR: Twitter Inc., the microblogging company that allows users to enjoy their 15 seconds of fame in 140 characters, filed for an initial public offering on Thursday, setting the stage for the most watched tech IPO since Facebook Inc. (FB) went public in 2012. Twitter is looking to raise up to $1 billion via the stock offering.

Meanwhile, Tweeter Home Entertainment Group Inc. (TWTRQ) is benefiting from a case of mistaken identity with the stock up 505% in recent trade as some investors bid on the stock, believing they are buying a stake in Twitter.

View attachment 32146

Wow still at 500% high, 1500% at the peak!!!
Go short it, guys!

Been trying to short TWTRQ at Fidelity...
"there are currently no shares available to short, or there are insufficient shares available to meet your request"

Status
Not open for further replies.