Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been two law firms that have been threatening class action shareholder suits. Shorts are in a frenzy right now and using these unscrupulous firms' threats as fuel.

There must be massive coordinated effort to stifle the recent good news and to exaggerate anything that could be percieved as negative. The reporting I have been seeing has been so full of misleading soundbites, distortions and partial excerpts that one has to think it is intentional. I realize that most market news comes from News Corp and family, but this seems to be expanding beyond those boundaries. I have watched so many interviews with Elon and then read a follow up article afterwards and I'm repeatedly shocked by what it says.

Could this possibly be a orchestrated effort to drive down share prices so that institutions can get the largest benefit from a post-earnings run up? Or am I all wet?

Sorry about the venting. I just have little tolerance for those that mislead innocent bystanders that still want to believe in objective, fair journalism. It is especially bad when the author deletes the an original interview so that they can't be fact checked. I saw that happen this week.

This has only begun. The shorts, vested in fossil fuels, the defense industry, and the monopolized utilities will fight a fierce campaign to maintain the status quo.

A solar electric future makes great sense for the health of our children's environment. The question is, how will we advance the technology? How do we respond to FUD?

This has only begun. The shorts, vested in fossil fuels, the defense industry, and the monopolized utilities will fight a fierce campaign to maintain the status quo.

A solar electric future makes great sense for the health of our children's environment. The question is, how will we advance the technology? How do we respond to FUD?

This is a fight for the future of the planet, nothing less. There is absolutely a collection of semi-organized (so far) and powerful interests that do not want their power usurped by the emerging solar electric future. Hitting the stock with FUD, news manipulation and paid propaganda is only the latest salvo. There is much more ahead.

The good news is, we finally have a legitimate champion, and missteps aside, he is a potent one. I'm behind him with my heart, my intellect, and my money, as I know many here also are. With enough dedication, this is something we can all do together.

This is a fight for the future of the planet, nothing less. There is absolutely a collection of semi-organized (so far) and powerful interests that do not want their power usurped by the emerging solar electric future. Hitting the stock with FUD, news manipulation and paid propaganda is only the latest salvo. There is much more ahead.

The good news is, we finally have a legitimate champion, and missteps aside, he is a potent one. I'm behind him with my heart, my intellect, and my money, as I know many here also are. With enough dedication, this is something we can all do together.

These are the main reasons I bought a Model S and I am long on shares of stock.

So many momentum stocks of the first half of the year seem broken and the bears have taken control. Careful on the ER night. Do not be surprised to see a quick AH gain followed by a big run down. Be especially careful with options. Please don't put more than you can lose on calls this time. I've seen a lot of broken hearts lately with quite a few stocks that beat well and still faded. Look at NFLX, AAPL and FB for example. All high fliers over the last 6 months.

I'm going to take up a position in TSLA before earnings but not sure I'll keep it for more than a few hours. Definitely not doing options this time around. I feel like the market overall has gotten greedy with leverage and you're starting to see option writers become the winners.

Careful out there guys.

Thanks for this @ShortSlaver. Everything is seeming more bearish but do you think this is something short term (few weeks) and that the market will recover or if this will be the norm for the next 6 months to 1 year. Historically I believe Q4 has been good for the markets and I want to believe that this is just a short term correction and that things will continue to grow very soon. But I do feel like markets are slowing down and could be heading downwards. If this is the case then we'd probably be in for another recession. So I'm really not sure and would be interested to hear what you and others think.

I don't want us all to get caught in this echo chamber and keep repeating bullish sentiments and be caught off guard. If the economy is slowing and heading downwards for a bit, then there really is nothing TSLA can do no matter what we believe and it too will start trending downwards (even more than it already has).

I have always been a huge fan of Noam Chomsky.

Get A Life, Vivienne Westwood

Good point. I suppose the bright side of the issue, and the more important point, is that they now recognizes that Tesla is the real deal and they have to come to terms with the fact that Tesla has the ability to take the industry by storm. A few short months ago Tesla was dismissed as the next passing fad.
It appears that they might be at the tipping point where they must choose to adapt or fight, or both. Meanwhile, what do we do about the FUD?

I like your tagline BTW... It is a very accurate quote from Elon Musk. How refreshing! I do feel a bit better now.

- - - Updated - - -

These are the main reasons I bought a Model S and I am long on shares of stock.

Me too. We realized that the Tesla was the first really viable electric car that could be widely accepted. Not only has it been accepted, but it has been embraced.

I sat on my shares for over a year and watched it go up 20% and down 20% for over a year before it made an advance that I was absolutely certain that it was going to make.
I knew its time was coming and I wasn't going to get out of those shares until the mission was complete. I added a few more along the way. Nothing has changed... except my tinkering with options.

I wonder, how deep the pockets of Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP are?????

Just thinking out loud.

I'm not sure they have to be that deep. What would it take to file a lawsuit against them for filing a frivolous and dangerous (to us) lawsuit? I'm certain we can find a lot more Tesla and TSLA owners who agree with Curt than they can come up with that want to file their suit.

There has been two law firms that have been threatening class action shareholder suits. Shorts are in a frenzy right now and using these unscrupulous firms' threats as fuel.

There must be massive coordinated effort to stifle the recent good news and to exaggerate anything that could be percieved as negative. The reporting I have been seeing has been so full of misleading soundbites, distortions and partial excerpts that one has to think it is intentional. I realize that most market news comes from News Corp and family, but this seems to be expanding beyond those boundaries. I have watched so many interviews with Elon and then read a follow up article afterwards and I'm repeatedly shocked by what it says.

Could this possibly be a orchestrated effort to drive down share prices so that institutions can get the largest benefit from a post-earnings run up? Or am I all wet?

Sorry about the venting. I just have little tolerance for those that mislead innocent bystanders that still want to believe in objective, fair journalism. It is especially bad when the author deletes the an original interview so that they can't be fact checked. I saw that happen this week.

And so one of the important things to do right now is divest in the oil companies. This is one of the things 350.org is telling us to do to so that our voices may be heard over the loud FUD.

The sentiment is just painfully dampened these days. This is a textbook example in how market psychology affects stocks when there are few "classically fundamental" factors at play. We have seen the long-term prospects improve by the week, but many people are seeing the decline and using it as a predictor of the future. Definitely not a situation for weak stomachs.

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 16.34.12.png

Continuing the daily trendlines, this one seems to be converging in the next hour ;)

It looks like $150s are stable for now. Being earning weeks isn't the only thing that's tanking a lot of stocks. The general market is also dumping some high valued stock. Looks like Tesla is one of them. It used to be that Tesla would recover well after some bad news. Now, we aren't seeing that as much any more. I'm afraid that once earnings is reported well, the jump isn't going to be around long enough and be sold off on the news. There isn't much development with Tesla to make it keep going up. We see this with the battery announcement recently. If that battery announcement was made months ago, Tesla would probably jumped up on the news. But now, we just see it do nothing much.

Added two price level lines (160, which coincides with a potential H&S formation, and Q2 ER closing level.) If it closes at 160+ today, I'm heavily considering moving more into TSLA in preparation for next week.
tsla 10.31.13.png

it gets to $163 today i will be a happy man.
closed my Puts this morning way to late. should of had a 250% gain but i was scared of it breaking through 153. Sold them for a 70% gain so i cant be mad. Liking the action today so I just bought some $160s earlier right before the spike from 158 to 160. so i would like to see 163 to be guaranteed a 50% gain

getting through 160.25-160.50ish is going to be a fight, but when it does we should keep running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.