Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now would be a good time for Tesla Motors (TeslaMotors) on Twitter to simply tweet, "A Tesla employee had a personal medical emergency and first responders have arrived. This is not a fire." Or whatever.

Or for them to call their favorite Reuters or Bloomberg reporter and set the record straight. TSLA has shown a recent inability to set the facts straight fast enough. I think Elon thinks people are smarter, more logical and less crazy than they really are. :(

Seems to me the selloff was just robots reacting to twitter...and twitter thinking that fire trucks showing up to one of the largest buildings in the world counts as "the factory burning down."

It really does seem like hysteria when people report on small industrial injuries as if they're the end of the world. But I suppose that's what happens when you put people together into a group. Good to see the market now seems to understand it's overreaction. Hopefully that will be the end of this and people will realize it's even more of a non-event than the crashes.

Dear Tesla PR: We need to have a little talk. Multiple media reports are reporting that Telsa is not available for comment. How difficult is it to answer the phone? Say what you know, what you don't know, and let the reporter know you're investigating and will share all asap. Show you care about the employees. This isn't rocket science.

In the absence of official Tesla comment, the media fed on unsubstantiated speculation (flashback, sound familiar?). Now they're reporting based on what the fire department says. Own the story, Telsa. We're rooting for you.

The latest TSLA news from MarketWatch found in my TD Ameritrade account:

4:21p ET November 13, 2013 (MarketWatch)Tesla: Low pressure aluminum casting press failed

4:20p ET November 13, 2013 (MarketWatch)Tesla: 3 workers injured by hot metal from press

yes here is quote from NBC bay area

“There was a failure in a low pressure aluminum casting press," Tesla spokeswoman Elizabeth Jarvis-Sheen said in a statement. "Three employees were injured by hot metal from that press. We are making sure that they receive the best possible care.”

In every American city in which I've lived, fire trucks are the first responders to any medical emergency, not just fires. Apparently, Emergency Medical Technicians are stationed at every firehouse, and firehouses are located throughout the city, so firehouse EMTs are the closest to any emergency. Why they drive that gigantic truck to the scene rather than a car, I don't know.

Bottom line: Fire trucks parked outside a building does not necessarily mean a fire.

Last edited:
God. Can we please get a break?

Luckily it wasn't a plant fire but I was thinking the same thing. I'll just refer to the adage of "this is a buying opportunity". :wink:

Well at least seems the 11.5M volume thing isn't going to be a problem with the bear pendant (looking at the bright or at least less dark side of things) with 11.1M shares traded already (a cool > 1M shares swapped hands with this yet another fire news).

True and TSLA finished above 12M in volume. Though there is the caveat that it may have still finished just under 11.5M if that plant fire rumor didn't cause a small panic in the last 45 minutes or so before the close.

I'm out and about right now but I'll be able to do a better analysis when I get home later and look at my chart. The best that I can say about TSLA for now is the fact that we need to watch the volume tomorrow.

True and TSLA finished above 12M in volume. Though there is the caveat that it may have still finished just under 11.5M if that plant fire rumor didn't cause a small panic in the last 45 minutes or so before the close.

I'm out and about right now but I'll be able to do a better analysis when I get home later and look at my chart. The best that I can say about TSLA for now is the fact that we need to watch the volume tomorrow.

I just made it home but don't have enough time to do a much more thorough analysis as I need to leave again. Here's my take on today's price movement and the direction of TSLA in the short-term.

The plant fire sparked a brief panic in both selling and buying. The volume of shares traded were over 2.7M causing TSLA to close over 12.6M. If it wasn't for the rumor, best case scenario, TSLA would have closed just slightly above 10M in volume. Regardless of TSLA closing with a volume of 12.6M or 10M, today marked was another decrease in volume in conjunction with the overall downtrend and after last week's huge dip post-ER.

Because of this, I think that it's a sign that the bear pennant has a good chance of playing out, and we're at a point where it's very close to narrowing. I expect to see much lower volume tomorrow, at which point, we may see TSLA drop even more within the next week. If TSLA drops, the next level of support will be in the low 120s where we might actually see a bottom.

I am wondering what impact the failure of low pressure aluminum casting press could have on the factory output. The question is whether there is any spare production capacity of the cast aluminum parts, so the failure of one press does not mean that factory production needs to stop until the failed press is replaced.

The press could have been used for casting of the front suspension parts, or, may be, lower ballistic shield (?) - .25" thick plate protecting the bottom of the battery pack. The rear suspension parts, according to the Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year article are made from extruded aluminum.

I am hoping for and wish speedy recovery for injured workers.

I am wondering what impact the failure of low pressure aluminum casting press could have on the factory output. The question is whether there is any spare production capacity of the cast aluminum parts, so the failure of one press does not mean that factory production needs to stop until the failed press is replaced.

The press could have been used for casting of the front suspension parts, or, may be, lower ballistic shield (?) - .25" thick plate protecting the bottom of the battery pack. The rear suspension parts, according to the Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year article are made from extruded aluminum.

The battery plate is not cast aluminum. The main use for cast aluminum on the Model S is for the motor casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.