Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Past hour an article has been put up on the web that repeatedly incorrectly refers to the garage fire as having been a battery fire and having occurred in December.

Maybe this one is so false it wont be repeated, but we've seen previous false information get repeated in other stories. Perhaps other people would like to point out in the comment section the clear errors of this article.

link:

Tesla Answers Latest Model S Fire With Software Update

Past hour an article has been put up on the web that repeatedly incorrectly refers to the garage fire as having been a battery fire and having occurred in December.

Maybe this one is so false it wont be repeated, but we've seen previous false information get repeated in other stories. Perhaps other people would like to point out in the comment section the clear errors of this article.

link:

Tesla Answers Latest Model S Fire With Software Update

I responded to the article. I also wrote the author and his editor at [email protected] and [email protected] . Other TMC members may want to do the same.

Well spotted. That is pretty despicable "journalism" from Eric Shaal. Putting "fire" and "Tesla" in the same headline seems to be the goal.

On the surface I agree but it also shows this fire-TSLA effect is running its course and becoming less effective (not in a small way due to people like Curt and others here who call them out on it). But Fire issues to stock is a waning driver IMO

I responded to the article. I also wrote the author and his editor at [email protected] and [email protected] . Other TMC members may want to do the same.

Love this type of activist investing when we can band together and be more powerful that way. I also participated commenting on that article and will participate anytime I patrol these boards and see and opportunity like this again.

looking at the two "articles" together I see a pretty clear picture. Is this really any different than someone vandalizing some equipment at the factory.

I rewrote the author and editor regarding how the articles appeared to be written by different people despite the same name in the byline. I also questioned the authorship in a reply to my earlier comment. The reply was mysteriously deleted. So I rewrote the reply. We'll see if it stays in place. It's especially interesting that this strange behavior occurred during a the weekly expiration day for TSLA options.

I rewrote the author and editor regarding how the articles appeared to be written by different people despite the same byline. I also questioned the authorship in a reply to my earlier comment. The reply was mysteriously deleted. So I rewrote the reply. We'll see if it stays in place. It's especially interesting that this strange behavior occurred during a the weekly expiration day for TSLA options.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for that accurate follow up Curt

I rewrote the author and editor regarding how the articles appeared to be written by different people despite the same name in the byline. I also questioned the authorship in a reply to my earlier comment. The reply was mysteriously deleted. So I rewrote the reply. We'll see if it stays in place. It's especially interesting that this strange behavior occurred during a the weekly expiration day for TSLA options.

I don't see it. What did you write?

fwiw, I tweeted Tesla Motors and Elon Musk, and left a voicemail with PR earlier today.

To be clear, I am not trying to suggest this is something Elon needs to focus on, but I think tweets coming in to whoever screens the twitter feeds for Elon and the company could alert the appropriate department at Tesla to the article. At that point, it's their call whether this sort of attempt to cause the company harm warrants any kind of response.

Agreed. I was always wondering how prohibiting direct sales is constitutional - not that I am an expert on the US Constitution, but it seems against the spirit of it. It would be interesting if Tesla challanged these state laws from that angle.

The Tesla Motors trump card is the interstate commerce clause that has always been in the US Constitution. While the company is supply constrained, it gets loads of free publicity due to these attempts by the dealerships and their crony legislators to keep a competitor out of their states. The dealers don't really want to sell Tesla cars, since they make most of their money through parts and service which are minimal needs with electric cars.

Tesla cannot be accused of breaking the laws that apply between franchisers and franchisees, since it has never offered franchises. That's only a problem for the established manufactures who have already contracted with franchisees. A century ago Henry Ford preferred to sell his cars to dealers rather than build up an inventory and try to find customers to clear it. Here in the 21st century, cars can be made to a customer's order that's been presented online with no need to store unsold cars on a lot.

The requirement to have independent local dealerships indeed appears contrary to the letter and spirit of the interstate commerce clause of the US Constitution. Outside of the automobile industry, there appears to have been no question about this. When production ramps up to the appropriate point, look for Tesla to go to court and have the judges blow away the dealers like bowling pins. Right now the dealers would be smarter to leave Tesla alone. Instead they will go the way of those who dealt in buggy whips or slide rules. That may seem cruel, but the free enterprise system weeds out outmoded methods, which in the long run is best for consumers, workers and businesses.

The Tesla Motors trump card is the interstate commerce clause that has always been in the US Constitution. While the company is supply constrained, it gets loads of free publicity due to these attempts by the dealerships and their crony legislators to keep a competitor out of their states. The dealers don't really want to sell Tesla cars, since they make most of their money through parts and service which are minimal needs with electric cars.

Tesla cannot be accused of breaking the laws that apply between franchisers and franchisees, since it has never offered franchises. That's only a problem for the established manufactures who have already contracted with franchisees. A century ago Henry Ford preferred to sell his cars to dealers rather than build up an inventory and try to find customers to clear it. Here in the 21st century, cars can be made to a customer's order that's been presented online with no need to store unsold cars on a lot.

The requirement to have independent local dealerships indeed appears contrary to the letter and spirit of the interstate commerce clause of the US Constitution. Outside of the automobile industry, there appears to have been no question about this. When production ramps up to the appropriate point, look for Tesla to go to court and have the judges blow away the dealers like bowling pins. Right now the dealers would be smarter to leave Tesla alone. Instead they will go the way of those who dealt in buggy whips or slide rules. That may seem cruel, but the free enterprise system weeds out outmoded methods, which in the long run is best for consumers, workers and businesses.

What if a "White House Petition" was started stipulating that dealership laws in conflict with the "interstate commerce clause" be rescinded. Would this appeal to President Obama's background in Constitutional law? I am not an attorney. Is there a legal basis for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.