Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of pink slips and a few promotions out there on Wall St. today I imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Still hihher than 90 min ago. May still go up. Doesn't look like the shorts have covered on a larger scale, yet.

Definitely not even close to having many of them covered yet. There are plenty that have until end of day today to cover and some tomorrow I'm sure. Many just trying to hope for a better place to cover right now, but they're working against each other. No one wants to go into the weekend with this hanging over them.

Shame. Doubt that really adds any important info, although it might be interesting to see if some had begun to cover in anticipation of earnings.

We already know people couldn't find any shares to short this morning, so I think the short position is going to still be close to what it was. As soon as anybody covers, someone else picks it up and short it back out.

It's like the lemmings are having a fist-fight to see who can go over the cliff first.

- - - Updated - - -

Its amazing what the shorts are doing in the options markets. There are calls in jan '14 which at times are trading below intrinsic value! Absolutely amazing how much free money there is to be made, I love it :D

Are you looking at bids or asks?

i got scared in that last dip and pulled out at $72. i am going to sit on the sidelines and wait for the pull back, well in my mind haha. you guys might all prove me wrong and be laughing at me all the way home as she keeps going up.

this crap was just to nerve wracking for me today and i dont want it to consume my life like it did.

Margin calls have 40 minutes to deal with it.

I assume you are referring to the boatload of margin calls that shorts will be receiving after the close today. Those shorts hoping to avoid the bottleneck at the opening tomorrow, indeed must try cover their positions during the final hour today. I hope no one here plans to provide the shares that the shorts desperately need to buy today, tomorrow or Monday. A short usually has two business days to comply with a margin call, and most of those calls will be going out this evening.

I assume you are referring to the boatload of margin calls that shorts will be receiving after the close today. Those shorts hoping to avoid the bottleneck at the opening tomorrow, indeed must try cover their positions during the final hour today. I hope no one here plans to provide the shares that the shorts desperately need to buy today, tomorrow or Monday. A short usually has two business days to comply with a margin call, and most of those calls will be going out this evening.
So...maybe a bunch of after hours short covering today?

Status
Not open for further replies.