Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't see an official, detailed explanation before EOD Friday, I'm thinking it might be worth buying a bunch of Oct 11th calls because odds are good Tesla would put out the official statement on Monday or during the weekend and that'll be a positive catalyst. Good idea? Bad idea?

Sorry I sold my puts now, they'd be huge at this point. Eh, hindsight and all that. I still have more money than if I hadn't done it at all.

Buy calls based on what you know. We don't know enough here. We do know that Q3 earnings are going to beat. Let's give this some time to blow over then buy calls in preparation for earnings. We just don't have an edge right now.

here we go...the bears are at it again...they are really trying to take TSLA down to declare their first win.

this is not looking good. I hope Elon comes up with a great PR response before weekend. Otherwise the Bears could even take it further down below 50MA support level of $158-160...and drive TSLA all the way down to pre-earning range $130-140

Tesla needs to come out with a strong statement today before market close, otherwise the narrative of this story in weekend media such as Barrons will be all about Tesla's come to Jesus blowup, and then the bloodbath will continue through into Monday. Every minute they delay they're allowing this to fester. Time for Tesla to nip this in the bud, take control, then let things cool off for a couple days, then turn the narrative back to other positives (Norway, production levels, etc.).

One potential positive of this drop is that we may fill the gap up from September 19. Trying my best to think positive!

If we don't see an official, detailed explanation before EOD Friday, I'm thinking it might be worth buying a bunch of Oct 11th calls because odds are good Tesla would put out the official statement on Monday or during the weekend and that'll be a positive catalyst. Good idea? Bad idea?

Sorry I sold my puts now, they'd be huge at this point. Eh, hindsight and all that. I still have more money than if I hadn't done it at all.

I highly doubt a full detail report regarding the accident is coming out EOD tomorrow. That's just rushing the analysis of the accident and potentially involves poor initial judgement. Anybody should know that Tesla is aiming for high quality, so I doubt they're rushing or have enough man power to finish analyzing the accident within a day for this catastrophic event that they have not experienced before.

Mr.HongKongFan - take it easy. you seem to be getting really emotional. Step back, relax and think..

I know...sorry for my overreaction. It's just investing and having your hear-earned money on the line is emotional for someone as inexperienced in investments as I am :redface:

But I was pretty correct in predicting today's share price action, wasn't I? :biggrin: It's a pity my securities account does not have options trading nor do I know how to trade options :(

no company will say to public that our car is not 100% safe even if we have 5 star rating... it is naked truth for any vehicle of any type..
Ok so now law firm pome rants 888 476 6529 ext 237. Is soliciting investors to sue tesla over discrepancies in sec filings on safety. At least that is what mr willoughby says when you call that number. When asked what these were he was unwilling to elaborate I believe this is outrageous and went as far as to say this was a scum move. I am not a lawyer but perhaps he should here from other investors what they think. It could make a long interesting day for him.

image.jpg

This the moment we have waited for

I am more worried about flood compare to fire because what happen in Colorado few weeks back worry me. Tesla has very low ground clearance, but I haven't heard anything about model s submerge to knee level of water (they must have so sort of testing on that because everything is at the bottom of the car :wink:)

This appears to be an epic correction for TSLA soon enough. Just wait until Goldman Sachs releases an analysis on TSLA and this would tank even more. I'm having a feeling that once Q3FY13 comes around, TSLA isn't going to recover to $190+.

Okay worst time to hit with bad news because Obama warns wall street to prepare for disaster since he is not going to negotiate with Congress.

BTW: Congress or say GOP acting like a devil (terrorist:redface: to be precise) to inflict wound way dipper compare to 2008. a

Well I took out initial insurance today by buying 4 puts tomorrow $170 (one more contract than I had my Dec 195 put shorts). Rode those to a few hundred plus, then bough Oct 11th 160 puts (x5) and sold my tomorrows $170 ones with trailing for some small profit. I also took one $175 call on Oct 11th.

This strategy is to in the short term protect my Dec $195 short from causing a margin call and possibly profiting from the drop slightly. And at the same time it's likely I'll eliminate the put the moment Tesla makes a big statement on the battery issue and puts our worries to rest. The call is to clock in the gain as I assume Tesla will make the statement either tomorrow or latest during weekend. Then I can eliminate the puts on Monday at market open (taking what ever loss I take if I do as insurance cost) and riding the call and reducing value of the shorts up.

Now if that doesn't work, then the 5 puts should keep me mostly buffered until end of next week.

It is looking Awfully Bad..... the Bears are now pretty much in FULL control of TSLA...no doubt about it. For as long as the overall markets remain SOOOOO RED......the Bears will drive TSLA as low as they want.....I'm guessing FIRST EVER TEST of 50MA level ~$160!!!

Wow how things have changed in just 2 days!

I'm officially lowering my buy-in target from $164-166 level down to $160, yes $160. It could happen after 1PM. The Bears will likely drive it down to $166 sit there for a while.....before the time the assault on $160.

It is looking Awfully Bad..... the Bears are now pretty much in FULL control of TSLA...no doubt about it. For as long as the overall markets remain SOOOOO RED......the Bears will drive TSLA as low as they want.....I'm guessing FIRST EVER TEST of 50MA level ~$160!!!

Wow how things have changed in just 2 days!

I'm officially lowering my buy-in target from $164-166 level down to $160, yes $160. It could happen after 1PM. The Bears will likely drive it down to $166 sit there for a while.....before the time the assault on $160.

Hey Mr. HongkongFan, you need to relax my friend. All your posts are "End of the world" type. % wise TSLA is really down about 3% due to the fire news (the rest is market weakness). Look at NFLX and LNKD. The stock price has been tracking the market for a while now. If you don't have the guts or smarts to be in the market why are you in it??

Status
Not open for further replies.