Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, we just blasted back through 160!

Just want to check in as I am traveling these 3 days. I am not following the market that close. Glad it bounce back to $160. It was scary going down to $153 but I maintain my judgment on $160 being a solid support level. Things happened, craps occurred, drunk driver get associated with Tesla owner, and get thrown into the Mexican context. Human being will react, but none of that changed anything in a longer time frame in 2 weeks.

If I was cautious on over-exuberant on Q3 target to $200 2 weeks ago, I am now leaning toward modest bullish after Q3. Selling put is still better than buying calls. I will probably sell ITM put into Q3.

Just want to check in as I am traveling these 3 days. I am not following the market that close. Glad it bounce back to $160. It was scary going down to $153 but I maintain my judgment on $160 being a solid support level. Things happened, craps occurred, drunk driver get associated with Tesla owner, and get thrown into the Mexican context. Human being will react, but none of that changed anything in a longer time frame in 2 weeks.

If I was cautious on over-exuberant on Q3 target to $200 2 weeks ago, I am now leaning toward modest bullish after Q3. Selling put is still better than buying calls. I will probably sell ITM put into Q3.

Kevin, missed you around here for past few days. Safe travels.

Hi Fred, same here. I sold yesterday as soon as I heard of the 2nd fire but got back in in 5 minutes. Have been buying yesterday and today. Where about in OC are you? We are getting a Tesla store in MV mall.

I'm in San Clemente. North of Riveria and south of T street.

Yes, I heard about MV Mall Store. That's great.

Also, SJC supercharger looks close to permit approval. Fingers crossed. It's taken way too long.

that was a hella of a pop. FB and NASDAQ did as well.
lets see if it holds up though.

We can only hope that 160 will hold and TSLA can finish above it today.

I was watching the movement and 160 was a real pivot point. 160 really looks like a solid support level. At the moment it's at ~160.50 and moving sideways while the stochastics are dropping out of overbought for the day without severely dragging the price with it, that's a good thing.

Kevin, I feel your pain as it drives me nuts being away from my computer for too long while the market is open. Nevertheless, I think we all felt the fear associated when TSLA dropped to 153. Seeing it at 160 now is definitely comforting. Humans are animals and we're all prone to doing irrational things, the only thing that sets us apart from other species is the fact that we have the capacity to learn from our mistakes and minimize our overreaction to things.

Anyway, yes, here's to a bullish Q3!

And the slow sideways movement has broken the trendline finally around 1PM market time. So no prediction on how we go from here ;)

Yup, it's about going with your gut here. Speaking of going with your gut, here's what I'm seeing.....

TSLA has dropped back to 158-159 and the stochastics are moving in oversold territory for the day. I think we'll be seeing some more sideways movement at this level and it picking up in the last hour of trading. I really hope we finish above 160 but I think we'll be finishing around 159 and change today.

TSLA has dropped back to 158-159 and the stochastics are moving in oversold territory for the day. I think we'll be seeing some more sideways movement at this level and it picking up in the last hour of trading. I really hope we finish above 160 but I think we'll be finishing around 159 and change today.

Which i think puts the stock into line with the index. I think it will fallow index sentiment the rest of the day. so if NASDAQ climbs we will see TSLA climb back over 160.

I like to look at Twitter to see what the sentiment is around TSLA. And just a quick scan today shows that shorts are really excited and looks like they're getting in. So I won't be surprised if short interest is really high. This is one of the main reasons I don't see 200 out of range for the end of the year. If we have a fairly good (not even great) ER that will hopefully be the spark. I don't care too much about cars sold but some other exciting news like China reservations, Model X, battery supplier deal, etc will be what makes the difference.

I like to look at Twitter to see what the sentiment is around TSLA. And just a quick scan today shows that shorts are really excited and looks like they're getting in. So I won't be surprised if short interest is really high. This is one of the main reasons I don't see 200 out of range for the end of the year. If we have a fairly good (not even great) ER that will hopefully be the spark. I don't care too much about cars sold but some other exciting news like China reservations, Model X, battery supplier deal, etc will be what makes the difference.

IMO it will be all about guidance, reservations and battery supply this ER. And I think TSLA will be back above 190 come new-year, maybe even in november.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO it will be all about guidance, reservations and battery supply this ER. And I think TSLA will be back above 190 come new-year, maybe even in november.

Status
Not open for further replies.