Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the latest digital edition (48/2014) of Der Spiegel. I PDF'd the Interview...will try to translate some parts into english tomorrow.
Have a look.

I've pulled the PDF from Derek's post to avoid copyright infringement. His translation is original work, however, and we will leave that up when he posts it.

hey guys, I already extracted the most important points in a thread over in the News section. Hope it helps you!

I've initiated a thread in the general Tesla Motors forum about a former Tesla communications chief returning: Ricardo Reyes Returns to Head Tesla Communications

Does this mean Elon will relinquish the job he has been performing through tweets and blogs?

I believe EM will lessen his tweets with the RR hire but I do believe he will not eliminate them.....I actually thinks he enjoys them.

Also, this is a great move for RR: Leave Square which will be in a difficult spot with ApplePay and moving back to an aggressive disruptive company.

Does anybody here think there is any credence to this Franz Von Holzhausen AutoBild interview from Dec-2013, where he casually mentions we will probably see the Model 3 reveal in Detroit 2015.

Musing whether this has been an internal target, and whether Tesla would break their mold and unveil at an auto show rather than having a stand alone event.

Press Preview for the NAIAS is scheduled for January 12-13, 2015. Just around the corner.

Tesla Chief Designer: Model E Expected to Make Worldwide Debut at 2015 Detroit Auto Show | Inside EVs

Tesla-Chefdesigner von Holzhausen: "i3 ist wie ein IKEA-Möbel" - autobild.de

At the time Franz speculated a Jan 2015 reveal of the III prototype, things were quite a bit different than they are today. Franz supposed like all of us that the X would have begun early deliveries by then. With the X pushed back and the D pumping demand for the S, I will be very surprised if the III is revealed in Jan. It seems more likely to me, that the X final version might be shown then. Additionally, it seems to me that Tesla might not want to show the III prototype so far ahead of production. From comments of Elon, it seems as though the X may be quite a bit improved from the prototype. An early III show car probably would also not be totally representative of the final III. Creating a show version of the III is costly and serves no purpose beyond creating publicity and demand. Tesla doesn't seem to need any more of those at this juncture and I'm guessing they won't take staff away from real engineering to make an early III for show.

Does anybody here think there is any credence to this Franz Von Holzhausen AutoBild interview from Dec-2013, where he casually mentions we will probably see the Model 3 reveal in Detroit 2015.

Musing whether this has been an internal target, and whether Tesla would break their mold and unveil at an auto show rather than having a stand alone event.

Press Preview for the NAIAS is scheduled for January 12-13, 2015. Just around the corner.

Tesla Chief Designer: Model E Expected to Make Worldwide Debut at 2015 Detroit Auto Show | Inside EVs

Tesla-Chefdesigner von Holzhausen: "i3 ist wie ein IKEA-Möbel" - autobild.de

It makes sense that Tesla would first reveal Model X at a company held event (like the D event) and show the Model 3 at NAIAS. However, it might be too tight in between the two events and I'm assuming Tesla wants to strategically get the most media coverage per launch as possible since those two car presentations are probably the last new vehicles we'll see for a foreseable time from Tesla. So, with that in mind I guess Model 3 will be revealed sometime in spring/mid 2015 and Model X at NAIAS in January 2015. But who knows... :)

There are like 3 people total trading right now...has everyone started eating turkey early? Volume is a snoozefest!

At least some big institutional funds have been buying TSLA lately, good sign.

NASDAQ is moving up sharply at the moment...we should be following.

Last edited:
From Elon Musk interview by GQ:

Demand for the P85D is off the charts. We're seeing a very high proportion of orders for all-wheel drive, either P85D or 85D (which has smaller, equal sized electric motors front and rear), so 70% plus of our cars will be dual motor. With deliveries of the X due to start next summer, the biggest problem we have at Tesla now is meeting production demands."

As mentioned here before that might have an influence on Q4 results already. However, from the quote its not quite clear if this percentage includes Model X but it doesn´t sound like that to me (to be discussed in the appropriate thread :wink: ).

From Elon Musk interview by GQ:

As mentioned here before that might have an influence on Q4 results already. However, from the quote its not quite clear if this percentage includes Model X but it doesn´t sound like that to me (to be discussed in the appropriate thread :wink: ).
That same article quotes Elon as saying Tesla will deliver "32-33,000" cars this year. That's hedging downward from the 33,000 guidance in the last conference call. Hmmm.

Danish Minister for the Climate announced today that the incentives for electric cars will continue, and that he expects that the last fossil fuel car will be sold in Denmark around 2035. The goal of the goverment is to be "oil-free" in 2050.

Klimaminister: Den sidste benzinbil bliver solgt om 20 år - Politik | www.bt.dk

I like it. With the highest tax on cars in the world (with BEVs exempt from that) and being a relatively rich country Denmark, like our Norwegian neighbours, should become a large market for Tesla soon. I guess the reason adoption has been slow is that Tesla isn't really well known yet in Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.