Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only risks mentioned in todays note from Morgan Stanley's worth noting are the competitive, and regulatory risks created by Tesla entering into the grid storage business. It's obvious Elon wants Tesla and Solar City to become a distributed utility. of sorts Is it possible Tesla will eventually need to make certain structural changes to the way Tesla operates , such as having to make Tesla Energy an independent company?

I think I remember reading somewhere that utilities are required to contract with other parties for grid storage. Am I saying this correctly? Is this the case?

Home Energy Magazine - Blog :: Law Could Prevent Ambitious Battery Storage Plan in Texas

Morgan Stanley still has a bullish price target of $500.

"Texas deregulation broke up the old monopoly utilities into separate companies that perform different roles in the market. There are electricity producers who own power plants, retail electricity providers who sell electricity to end users, and transmission companies that are responsible for the transmission lines and moving power across the state."

Has anyone looked at how or if this would apply to Tesla?

Last edited:
MS has a PT of $500, is that right?

No, their PT is $280, but there is also a bear case PT and bull case PT. the bull case PT is $500

- - - Updated - - -

The only risks mentioned in todays note from Morgan Stanley's worth noting are the competitive, and regulatory risks created by Tesla entering into the grid storage business. It's obvious Elon wants Tesla and Solar City to become a distributed utility. of sorts Is it possible Tesla will eventually need to make certain structural changes to the way Tesla operates , such as having to make Tesla Energy an independent company?

I think I remember reading somewhere that utilities are required to contract with other parties for grid storage. Am I saying this correctly? Is this the case?

Home Energy Magazine - Blog :: Law Could Prevent Ambitious Battery Storage Plan in Texas

Morgan Stanley still has a bullish price target of $500.

"Texas deregulation broke up the old monopoly utilities into separate companies that perform different roles in the market. There are electricity producers who own power plants, retail electricity providers who sell electricity to end users, and transmission companies that are responsible for the transmission lines and moving power across the state."

Has anyone looked at how or if this would apply to Tesla?

I've posted about this over at the Stationary Storage thread. There are additional references and discussion on the topic.

Tesla Stationary Storage Investors Thread - Page 37

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this yet? Interest in the search query "Tesla Motors" has skyrocketed this month according to google trends. Meanwhile, the search "Tesla Model S" is relatively flat.

Tesla popularity.png

Has anyone seen this yet? Interest in the search query "Tesla Motors" has skyrocketed this month according to google trends. Meanwhile, the search "Tesla Model S" is relatively flat.

Likely due to the Powerwall announcement, that really went viral.

If it has an impact on car sales, I don't know.

It is definitely due to the PowerWall. The video is the second most viral Tesla related video after the DragTimes's insane mode launches video, which has 5 million views (clean version has an additional 3.7 million views). The PowerWall reveal has only 2.3 million views.

It's the PowerWall event. If you change the date period to just the past few months, you'll see that search interest is back to normal levels now.

Status
Not open for further replies.