Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was fun watching the closing minutes of TSLA trading today. Looks like short sellers tried to erase half the day's gains with minutes to go in light trading but buyers brought TSLA right back above 3 points gain today. Expect the battle between longs and shorts to go on all week, but as soon as a Model X announcement comes, it's game over for the shorts in the short-term.

Was fun watching the closing minutes of TSLA trading today. Looks like short sellers tried to erase half the day's gains with minutes to go in light trading but buyers brought TSLA right back above 3 points gain today. Expect the battle between longs and shorts to go on all week, but as soon as a Model X announcement comes, it's game over for the shorts in the short-term.

It was a fantastic reversal and close. I expect we will pop above $265.00 tomorrow and that is KEY to continue march towards ATH. I would be scared as hell if I was short and watched the stock pop above $265.00.

Only a few more hours to go. Somehow this event has received almost zero coverage?

"The opening ceremony of the Intersolar North America Conference 2015 will feature a keynote presentation by Tesla's co-founder and CTO JB Straubel on the role of energy storage for EV's and the Grid. Plus, US west and east coast policy updates by CALSEIA's Bernadette Del Chiaro and NY State Senator Kevin Parker, and global perspectives from Conference Chairmam Prof. Dr. Eicke Weber on the solar and energy storage markets."

http://www.eia.gov/conference/2015/pdf/presentations/straubel.pdf

Last edited:
It was nice to make some money on the trade today... I had bought ITM calls right around the lows this morning and unloaded most of them right before the close. This is not the usual TSLA day pattern, but one that I associate with bullishness.

However, it won't take much for this to swing the other way. As for calls, I'm only holding Aug 17's right now. I think most calls are too expensive.

As for Jul 31's, the problem I've usually found with calls that expire right at or right after ER is that anything during the ER that can be misunderstood as bearish might take some time to work out in the trade. Also, bullish moves in TSLA might be slower developing than one might otherwise expect... big bull moves might take as much as 1-2 weeks to really play out. So I've made lots of money, and lost lots more money in calls that expire right after ER's.

Only a few more hours to go. Somehow this event has received almost zero coverage?

"The opening ceremony of the Intersolar North America Conference 2015 will feature a keynote presentation by Tesla's co-founder and CTO JB Straubel on the role of energy storage for EV's and the Grid. Plus, US west and east coast policy updates by CALSEIA's Bernadette Del Chiaro and NY State Senator Kevin Parker, and global perspectives from Conference Chairmam Prof. Dr. Eicke Weber on the solar and energy storage markets."

http://www.eia.gov/conference/2015/pdf/presentations/straubel.pdf

We'll have an article up about the speech/presentation on CleanTechnica (FYI). Have someone there to cover it.

I would also wager that it might have something to do with the Model X. I see one of two things:

1: Tesla is pushing MS out the door faster than they would have otherwise because they are trying to give more allocation to the Model X later in the quarter
2: ...

John Ensign, VP of Production, mentioned at TMC Connect that the new body line 2 initially will be used exclusively to make Model X (while model S will still be produced on body line 1). Then they'd move to a few days X, followed by a few days S. Eventually the sequence of producting X and S will be just as the orders are coming in, for example: 2 cars X, next car S, next 3 cars X, next 2 cars S, etc. At that time all cars will be produced on body line 2 and body line 1 will be modernized/reconfigured for Model 3.

don't mean to be a downer, but I think it would be about 77 kWh/2=38.5 kWh charged during the 20 minute period rather than 85 kWh/2 as some of the pack (I'm guessing about 8 kWh) is not charged and discharged, but rather serves as a buffer. This comes to 115.5 kW average over the 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.