Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
National Clean Energy Summit on Livestream
If you click on the middle video link titled Afternoon Session hit the 25:30 mark for Diarmuid O'Connell.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcm...ones-did-to-telecom-advanced-microgrid-tesla/

Surprised to hear a VP at Tesla say "perhaps we never will" immediately after explaining how Tesla hasn't yet achieved its mission of an affordable electric vehicle. Why did he say that? Is there something about Model 3 that we should know? Is the Gigafactory project at risk? What a thing to say. And what a day to say it on.

Surprised to hear a VP at Tesla say "perhaps we never will" immediately after explaining how Tesla hasn't yet achieved its mission of an affordable electric vehicle. Why did he say that? Is there something about Model 3 that we should know? Is the Gigafactory project at risk? What a thing to say. And what a day to say it on.

I took it as sort of jab at the interests fighting against Tesla...in a room full of politicians in charge of correcting direct sales for instance. 'If they got their way...'

I don't have a chance to watch the video, but it may be that he does not consider the Model 3 to be "affordable" yet (it's still squarely in the premium category) and Tesla might not move any further down market.

China A share market keeps diving, down 8% and less than 20 minutes from closing. Going to be an interesting day tomorrow. Will put some buy limits under $200.

Thanks for the info, maoing.

I googled around for more, and found those recetn articles about the market situation:

Asian shares move off three-year lows while China's suffering goes on - Yahoo Finance

Chinas stock markets end morning off, Hong Kong rises and Shanghai prune losses | South China Morning Post

The latter has mixed information:

China stocks slumped for a fourth day on Tuesday morning, extending the steepest rout since 2007, as investors have yet to take notice of any supporting measures by the government to rescue the sinking market, but Hong Kong stocks climbed on bargain-hunting given the its script had fallen more than 20 per cent since April.

There are signs though of stabilisation in the A share market in China, underscored by net capital inflows through the Hong Kong-Shanghai stock connect. Foreign investors have purchased net 3.69 billion yuan worth of shares in the A-share market in the morning, while mainland investors pulled HK$388 million from the Hong Kong market, according to the city’s stock bourse.

I really don´t know what to think about this. Have kind of gotten used to the ups and downs in TSLA over the years, but this macro thing seems bigger to me, just something I cannot really grasp - so I sold most of my long standing shares yesterday, have a quarter of them left. Now this morning TSLA is up and I don´t know whether to sell the rest or buy more as I guess X reveal comes closer and I could miss something... Better learn to sit on my hands I guess.

TSLA pre-market up $10

And climbing, up 14+

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440495162.248853.jpg

Short interest for TSLA for period ending 8/14/15 out today at market close......due to the wild swings recently it may not be all that helpful....

Current max pain for options expiring 8/28/15: $240.............This could change a lot over the next couple days.......but another data point.

Oh, stop. It's simply a comment of practicality from a practical person.

He was describing the thinking in the early days of Tesla Motors. It may not have been clear, but he seemed to say, "...and thought perhaps we never will."

Status
Not open for further replies.